Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana ducking the 147 division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never knocked anyone for taking time off especially in this brutal sport, sure as hell ain't gonna start now. Where do fans get off feeling this self entitled?

Comment

You better not duck them, Thun.

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
        After the guy beats the weakest link in Broner for a title and gets called upon to fight gayweather(cherrypick gone wrong) only to give it his all and still come up short .(to the judges) did the guy really earn the right to turn down any fighter who's not named gayweather? Is he afraid he will be defeated by a lesser opponent?his resume is absolute **** is this guy molding into the newest fraud in the sport

Ban me again
        Not really. He's not Tomato Khan, biching about not getting fights and then going for crumbs adn elftovers.
        He said it a few times that he's just not interested in fighting anyone else. He's got his land, his cows and that's enough for him.
        Unless they show him something very interesting he's probably not getting in the ring again. Not biching and crying like Khan just being the badass he's known to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          No doubt, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet as both have been under the same promotional banner for a few years

Yeah Maidana owned him in the amateurs but we both know that's no guarantee it will translate to the pros. But I do remember shortly after the Lucas win over Peterson, they asked him about a Maidana fight and he was not too keen on it at all, which makes me think Maidana has him shook..

I don't think Lucas is heading to welter anytime soon, I'm pretty sure they are guiding him towards a Danny rematch, but will probably be for a vacant title when Danny moves up to welter.. Once Lucas gets a belt, I think they will look to move him up IMO
          I've always been under the impression that Lucas and Chino were friends.
          Lucas gave Chino his first tattoo, a cross on his back.
          This would be a good reason not to fight each other.

I also don't think it will sell as many tickets as people think.
          I'll compare it to the Yankees vs Mets world series.
          All the fans are from the same area and what was expected to be an all time moneymaker actually made a lot less the most other world series.
          It was a New York team vs a New York team, the rest of the world didn't care.

Argentine vs Argentine , do Russian ,Phillipine, UK, Chinese fans really care about this fight?
          Remember, Lucas wasn't even the main event vs Molina and was undercard to Thurman.

Lucas needs to get a bigger draw before this fight ever happens or it will wind up happening as their career end last fights ,much like Judah vs Malgnaggi,(Pauly's last great fight)a fight that didn't sell a lot tickets
          Last edited by Croyd; 05-27-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
            I've always been under the impression that Lucas and Chino were friends.
            Lucas gave Chino his first tattoo, a cross on his back.
            This would be a good reason not to fight each other.

I also don't think it will sell as many tickets as people think.
            I'll compare it to the Yankees vs Mets world series.
            All the fans are from the same area and what was expected to be an all time moneymaker actually made a lot less the most other world series.
            It was a New York team vs a New York team, the rest of the world didn't care.

Argentine vs Argentine , do Russian ,Phillipine, UK, Chinese fans really care about this fight?
            Remember, Lucas wasn't even the main event vs Molina and was undercard to Thurman.

Lucas needs to get a bigger draw before this fight ever happens or it will wind up happening as their career end last fights ,much like Judah vs Malgnaggi,(Pauly's last great fight)a fight that didn't sell a lot tickets
            i think in argentina it would be big. but i agree with you, i think they are friends and they don't wanna fight, i know i wouldn't like to see them fight.

Comment

Thurman and Porter have got him shook

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
                i think he should be grateful he got picked in the first place and carry on with his career ...if hes talking retirement hes only in it for the money not the fans..He did accept the bribe to exchange his gloves when the commission allowed him to wear the MX style.. Fuk a sellout still the reason i will never support Canelo for accepting a challenge he was to green to win

so you wont support canelo because he took the biggest fight and challenge in boxing?

Comment

I'm not having a dig at you OP but have you ever been in the ring with a Pro? and to do it 39 times since 2004 is some achievement. Boxers aren't superhuman and made to go on forever, the gruelling training they part take in and making weight and then finally the beating on fight night. There comes a time when a boxer realises he is no longer able to continue like he can and in Maidanas case maybe he is there, and wants a big payday which he deserves.

It's a brutal and hard sport and thats what a lot of people fail to understand.

Comment

People really want to see this wild, dirty, sloppy bum fight again?

Comment

Well, he did duck Keith Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                      X