No announcement yet.

Who will be fighter of the year 2014?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    horrible list....since we have half the fight year left....
    These are most of the top/most popular guys who are going to have big fights this year. That list is a realistic list of experienced champs and some up and comers who could cement themselves at the top with some good wins. If you don't agree with some names, feel free to name them here...I did that option in the poll...

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Decent shout. Looks like you're backing Sergio to deal with Cotto though? Or you think the GGG fight would happen even if Maravilla loses? Also, do you think Cotto-GGG could happen? and who would you back if it did?
      Good questions. I dont think Sergio would ever fight GGG, atleast not at this stage in his career. His body has begun to fade and he is taking on Cotto because he might feel he has a very good advantage over him. Now if Cotto wins i think he will also overlook GGG and if things go well, perhaps look for a fight vs Canelo(if he wins) and or chase a Floyd rematch. I highly doubt 2 fading champs are rushing to face a boxer like GGG, since their career would most likely possibly end in a brutal fashion.

Comment

Well on the morning of June 8th - Miguel Cotto will have won the biggest fight of the year and it'll be the biggest win in boxing since Marquez almost killed Pacquiao

So that's my pick!

Comment

canelo could potentially beat lara and the martinez-cotto winner. that would be big.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            canelo could potentially beat lara and the martinez-cotto winner. that would be big.
            If he managed that, he would probably be favourite to win awards.

Comment

Canelo if he beats Lara (without controversy) and then the Cotto/Martinez winner or another Top 10 at 154-160: Angulo, Lara & Cotto/Martinez.

Crawford if he beats Gamboa and fights Ray Beltran in the fall: Burns, Gamboa & Beltran.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr will win it by a mile.

Comment

Manny has the best win so far in 2014.

In order to upstage that, someone will probably have to beat Manny himself, or have 2 wins over top 5 p4p competition, or 3 wins over top 10 this year.

Comment

Id say Pacquiao, Canelo, and Hopkins are the early favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
                      Manny has the best win so far in 2014.

In order to upstage that, someone will probably have to beat Manny himself, or have 2 wins over top 5 p4p competition, or 3 wins over top 10 this year.
                      I agree Pacquiao has the best win so far but TBH he didnt look all that impressive. Bradley was fighting a terrible fight in the 2nd half

Comment

Working...
                      X