No announcement yet.

The TRUTH behind Mayweather insisting Maidana use specific Gloves:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Went in the ring with big show but made Canelo weigh 152 now that's an awkward moment
    So Canelo had to burn an extra 7000 calories. Big deal. None of that changes the fact that Canelo still came in significantly heavier than Floyd and got the boxing lesson of a lifetime

Comment

Originally posted by justmejoe View Post
      I agree that Floyd made the fight entertaining but if u start with the truth is then you should actually have something that can't be argued or else you sound just as dumb as if u were saying"doeeeeee" or "fact"
      But I told the truth. The truth is Floyd made the fight entertaining and Maidana had to wear heavier gloves so Floyd could entertain us.

I have no time for this "doe" nonsense. I have no interest in making a mockery of the way other people use the English language.

Comment

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
        Relax guys. I am talking about boxing. Some of you got acting so offended like you take it personally. Lol

Either way, Anyone who knows boxing knows Maidana is nowhere near Floyd's level. We all know he hits hard. Floyd knew this too and could have dodged every punch but he knew to make it entertaining he'd need to let Maidana land a couple shots here and there for a few rounds.

So let him wear heavier gloves. Let him bang Floyd up for a few rounds and then take him to boxing school. Please don't take it personally because I am talking about Floyd and Maidana and not you. Thanks!
        I just can't accept the "I wanted to make an entertaining fight" explanation. If he knew that Maidana was dangerous, why even give him the chance to bang him around and potentially get hurt with something? He didn't seem interested in making an entertaining fight with Guerrero or Canelo. This point has been made so many times on these boards, it doesn't need repeated here. Floyd never just lets people bang on him or "land a couple shots."

Comment

Originally posted by aaron.king View Post
          I just can't accept the "I wanted to make an entertaining fight" explanation. If he knew that Maidana was dangerous, why even give him the chance to bang him around and potentially get hurt with something? He didn't seem interested in making an entertaining fight with Guerrero or Canelo. This point has been made so many times on these boards, it doesn't need repeated here. Floyd never just lets people bang on him or "land a couple shots."
          Yes. That is why Floyd asked for the heavier gloves. Because he intended to let Maidana get a few shots here and there so boxing fans could finally get excited.

Just wait until they rematch. Maidana will get to wear whatever gloves he wants and Floyd is going to make him miss every punch and it will be the same boring artistry of boxing that Floyd always displays for the entire 12 rounds.

Comment

You shouldnt be called TBE if u are ***** enough to not let the other guy use his gloves.. and ur excuse is lame give the people an excitng fight lol!!

dont yah think it will be more exciting seeing floyd busted up and bloodied?? now thats entertainment!!
            Last edited by carts; 05-26-2014, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure if I already knew this or if you taught me something...

Comment

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
                People who know boxing know that Floyd went into the fight with Chino with a plan to make it exciting. Floyd is so far and above Maidana's level that if Floyd fought to the best of his ability it would have been the same as his other fights. The truth is, Floyd planned on letting Maidana land a few glancing blows here and there and so he knew to insist on bigger gloves because he wanted to give us all quality entertainment and is TBE
                I must not be one of those people who know boxing because I think Floyd did fight to the best of his ability and Maidana gave him a good fight. I think what you are saying about Floyd's plan to let Maidana land a few glancing blows to make it more exciting for the fans is some of the silliest BS I have ever heard. Floyd is an all time great fighter but he is 37 years old and he can't play with tough guys like Maidana. When you call him TBE I know you are one of a few crazy over the top Mayweather fans who turn him into superman. Sort of like the extreme Khan fans who think he can beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I must not be one of those people who know boxing because I think Floyd did fight to the best of his ability and Maidana gave him a good fight. I think what you are saying about Floyd's plan to let Maidana land a few glancing blows to make it more exciting for the fans is some of the silliest BS I have ever heard. Floyd is an all time great fighter but he is 37 years old and he can't play with tough guys like Maidana. When you call him TBE I know you are one of a few crazy over the top Mayweather fans who turn him into superman. Sort of like the extreme Khan fans who think he can beat Mayweather.
                  You know nothing about me. I can't stand Floyd (TBE) Mayweather but I know at 37 he's still good enough to fool around with a boxer of Maidana's caliber.

Comment

Its gotta be the truth.. he did start off by saying the truth why. I mean what more can you ask for.

Comment

The theory that Floyd would carry Maidana to "make things look interesting" by taking liver shots on the ropes is about the dumbest thing I've seen yet on boxing scene.

He was caught off guard by Maidana's ability to fight at a distance where most fighters are smothered, he got hurt a little, he recovered, started controlling the range, won on points. Simple.
                      Last edited by Fr3$h; 05-26-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X