No announcement yet.

Froch: 'A 3 Round Fight Suits Me, George!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch: 'A 3 Round Fight Suits Me, George!'

Froch is totally wrong here. If he tries to mix it with Groves early, he'll be stopped. That's the worse thing he could think. He needs to do the same thing he did the first time. Take Groves into deep waters and then drown him.

Comment

I think Froch can beat him either way; early stoppage or grind him down for a later stoppage.

Groves landed his absolute best last time and couldn't end the fight, including his perfect punch in round 1. Froch took it, started walking through them and landing his own. One thing was clear in the first fight; Froch could take Groves' best shots, Groves can't take Froch's.

Comment

He's just talking for the sake of talking

I dont think 3 rounds suits him, Groves is probably going to come out throwing bombs for the first 3 rounds, Forch can stand there and trade and look for counters or he can clinch and move around and let Groves gas and then pick him apart

Groves packs a serious punch, Froch might have an iron chin, but you dont want to get hit by Grove too much, even the strongest chin can crack

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          Froch is totally wrong here. If he tries to mix it with Groves early, he'll be stopped. That's the worse thing he could think. He needs to do the same thing he did the first time. Take Groves into deep waters and then drown him.
          Yeah I agree I dunno about Froch being stopped early but choosing to match Groves in a firefight early on isn't his best shot at all...Like you said, take him late is Froch best shot.

In the first fight Groves was doing everything right (right hand counter taking away Froch's confidence in his jab, outfighting him in the bursts of trading etc) till the middle rounds where he unravelled and made mistakes coz Froch was able to keep pressing on. So yeah, take him later on like the first time only take Groves right hand from him and dont get shook again!

Comment

The more I look at it the more I see Froch stopping Groves early. Haven't seen Froch this fired up since he blasted out Bute. He's going to set a relentless pace and Groves is going to fold.

Comment

Very, very good fight this one...One of those rare fights that simply HAS to happen. I would not like to call a winner coz as Hearn said recently "You just can't know", but this is a great fight no doubt about it.

Also being British it will be good to know another classic British rivalry is being added to the books.

Personally I feel if Froch is mentally there (as he admitted last time he wasn't) then he is gonna impress. If Groves makes a stamp on the fight and shocks Carl again early and takes his game from him like last time (minus the unravelling) then who knows...It is not out of the question to imagine either of these guys being hurt, knocked down or knocked out...Great fight

Comment

For some reason I used to dislike the Cobra. I was a dumbass.

That said, a 3 rd fight is what Groves was playing at and had Froch all over the ring for 90% of the fight. Every punch Groves landed had Froch in trouble.

I hope he let's Groves tire himself out throwing bombs.

Then Froch can take over. If he comes out to measure dicks,he is dine. Groves out powers him. Be smart and he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  WAR FROCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X