Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the classier representative of the sport - Lennox Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    I vote Wladimir Klitschko.
    then vote.

Comment

Lol man you are going to get red k'd and put on ignore

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Lol man you are going to get red k'd and put on ignore
        Oh no Red k and put on ignore

Comment

Seems like Lewis is taking a clear lead.

Comment

lennox hands down. he never claimed he was drugged and all sorts of other lame made up excuses when losing a fight, i mean he made some excuses but not to that extent. on top of that he is just a genuine dude, lennox keeps it 100. while wlad is fake as hell, he is not a good actor about it either. finally lennox never forced as many demands on his opponents as wlad does to gain an advantage in the ring, or force them to take less money than they deserve simply to get a shot.

Comment

They both seem like classy guys. Laced is just pathologically obsessed with deriding Wladimir. It's not merely a boxing thing. It's a personal phobia/inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                lennox hands down. he never claimed he was drugged and all sorts of other lame made up excuses when losing a fight, i mean he made some excuses but not to that extent. on top of that he is just a genuine dude, lennox keeps it 100. while wlad is fake as hell, he is not a good actor about it either. finally lennox never forced as many demands on his opponents as wlad does to gain an advantage in the ring, or force them to take less money than they deserve simply to get a shot.
                Not many people seem to get through Wlad's fake exterior. I remember when Lewis was champion and he was making a voluntary defense - against Michael Grant the #2 ranked contender, after having just fought twice against Holyfield - then fights #1 contender David Tua after a quick homecoming fight. I remember Lewis noting that he looked over the top 10 and he wanted the best possible opponent.

When had Wlad ever fought a top ranked voluntary? Whenever he's not forced to fight someone, he picks guys like Rahman, Mormeck, Wach, Pianeta etc- and builds them up to a ridiculously elevated level as in Mormeck "He's like a mini tyson, only faster". lol.

And his fans slurp it all up.

"Wladimir Klitschko is the past, present and future of heavyweight boxing. He's the standard everyone in history will be measured by. His performance last night against Leapai cemented this" - Weltschmerz

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                  They both seem like classy guys. Laced is just pathologically obsessed with deriding Wladimir. It's not merely a boxing thing. It's a personal phobia/inferiority complex.
                  And you're pathologically obsessed with building him up to an unwarranted level.

Is there really a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    And you're pathologically obsessed with building him up to an unwarranted level.

Is there really a difference?
                    Yeah, you actually do what I said you do, that's the difference.

Me saying Wlad "has a boring style in the later part of his career but is one of the best heavyweights ever and hard to directly compare to the 1970s because the division has grown 40 pounds since then" isn't building him up to an unwarranted level, it's the general consensus.

Apparently that makes me a "Klitschko stan" just like saying Cotto-Martinez would have gone differently if Martinez could walk made me a "Martinez stan". I'm a common sense stan.

Now proceed with whining about Wlad's brand of shoelaces, the decline of his hairstyle, his tendency to wear his trunks too high. Obsessed.
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 06-20-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                      Yeah, you actually do what I said you do, that's the difference.

Me saying Wlad "has a boring style in the later part of his career but is one of the best heavyweights ever and hard to directly compare to the 1970s because the division has grown 40 pounds since then" isn't building him up to an unwarranted level, it's the general consensus.

Apparently that makes me a "Klitschko stan" just like saying Cotto-Martinez would have gone differently if Martinez could walk made me a "Martinez stan". I'm a common sense stan.

Now proceed with whining about Wlad's brand of shoelaces, the decline of his hairstyle, his tendency to wear his trunks too high. Obsessed.
                      But no one ever says that

Instead you say Pianeta would beat George Foreman and Sam Peter would wipe the floor with Joe Frazier - Evolution you know.

Apparently being a fat 245 pounder without skills and feet placed in cement is better than a fit 205 pounder with skill, speed and headmovement.

I actually don't have a problem with Wlad at all, it's the nuthuggers and their ridiculous statements that gives me a problem. Just like yourself, don't act like a measured poster because I've seen the work you do and it's laughable.

Comment

Working...
                      X