Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Haymon be forced to work with Oscar De La Hoya and HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I guess if Russell beats Lomachenko he has fights with Mares and Santa Cruz on the table. But that will only keep him busy for so long.

Plus his fighters from 147-160 would love fights with Pacquiao, Marquez and Canelo who aren't under his banner. Floyd can't fight all 10-12 of Haymons fighters from 140-154.

I think it hurts their careers by being isolated if that's what the plan is.
    Mares and Santa Cruz with Haymon

You think DLH will still have a working with Haymon and Schaefer after what they were trying to pull?

Haymon/Schaefer/Showtime are all in bed together IMO.

DLH and his company is odd man out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
      I hope Oscar and Al Haymon can do business together so they can do fights on HBO and Showtime. If they do business together they can start with the Canelo vs Lara undercard. But I can see Al Haymon taking his fighters to Mayweather and bringing Schaefer with them. Oscar has no choice but to work with Arum with his limited roster. As the CEO of GBP Schaefer f##ked Oscar by not signing these fighters to GBP.

If this is the case can't blame oscar for wanting to get rid of schaefer

Comment

Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
        Mares and Santa Cruz with Haymon?
        LSC is Mares isn't. I thought both were.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          He's clearly a highly intelligent guy but he may have pushed things a step too far.

He has HBO offside, he has a lawsuit pending with Main Events, messy situation with Golden Boy which is coming out, he has Top Rank offside, the big $32m Sho deal is not sounding as successful as hoped and his main ally Schaefer may no longer be in the game. The fans too are associating his name with not getting what the fights they want.

Things are turning on him just a little, you can only lose so many friends in business.
          Bob arum and don king have zero friends and they have lasted for decades..

I think Floyd, Schaefer, and probably one other equity investor will really launch mayweather promotions as a company, and use Haymons roster

Comment

Besides Canelo, who is actually signed to GBP?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
              Besides Canelo, who is actually signed to GBP?
              I'm pretty sure they have

Canelo
              Ghost
              Devon
              Pauli
              Zab
              Danny
              Lucas
              Russell
              Mares
              Santa Cruz
              Broner
              Maidana
              Khan
              All the young Olympic prospects like Errol spence, warren, etc

They don't have
              Floyd
              Quillen
              Porter
              Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Bob arum and don king have zero friends and they have lasted for decades..

I think Floyd, Schaefer, and probably one other equity investor will really launch mayweather promotions as a company, and use Haymons roster
                If that happens I don't think Haymon really needs Schaefer, it's not like he's done a good job for GBP or will contribute major capital himself.

Comment

[QUOTE=raabd;14577051][/B]

If this is the case can't blame oscar for wanting to get rid of schaefer[/QUOTE Yeah Oscar got screwed. If Al Haymon does take his fighters to Mayweather Promotions Floyd better sign these guys to his company.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    If that happens I don't think Haymon really needs Schaefer, it's not like he's done a good job for GBP or will contribute major capital himself.
                    Schafer has cash, and I think he has done a great job for gbp.. In ten years they became the premier promotional company and has landed them a lot of deals..

Haymon won't be officially involved with the promotion, since that would violate the Ali act... He will be exactly how,he is today with gbp

Comment

If Oscar ends the cold war and starts working with Top Rank, Main Events, K2, Banner, etc Haymon would be out of luck even if he gets Showtime. He won't be able to have his own league like he does now with a smaller talent pool and if Golden Boy, Top Rank and HBO shut him out his fighters will be screwed which would be great. They would eventually leave him and everyone is working with everyone again.

Comment

Working...
                      X