Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older Past Prime 2002 Lewis vs Current Wlad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Lewis get Rahman'ed or does Wlad get Brewster/Sander'ed, is the question.

Lennox has always been my one pick-em guy when it comes to the Wlad of the last half-decade. Along with a prime-prime Ali (and I mean absolute prime with legs working perfectly circa 65-68), since I have Wlad wiping the floor with all the other small Heavy's and lesser skilled big guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
      Does Lewis get Rahman'ed or does Wlad get Brewster/Sander'ed, is the question.

Lennox has always been my one pick-em guy when it comes to the Wlad of the last half-decade. Along with a prime-prime Ali (and I mean absolute prime with legs working perfectly circa 65-68), since I have Wlad wiping the floor with all the other small Heavy's and lesser skilled big guys.
      yea,,,I really cant see either guy being able to take the other's right hand. the question is,,who would get there first

Comment

People talk about Lewis right hand

To me his most devastating punch was his uppercut, which is why i feel he'd beat Wlad

Lewis has a underrated inside game, he would lay these huge uppercuts and drop most men.

You'd really need a chin like Vitali to survive LL big shots and even Vitali wobbled a few times, so you can imagine how hard Lewis bangs

I think Wlads lack of inside game is his downfall against LL, i also feel LL moved better around the ring

It'd be a great fight nonetheless

Comment

People keep saying if Lewis hit Wladimir, what if Lewis got hit? Wladimir hits harder than Vitali. It's speculation I think Wladimir could likely have won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            People keep saying if Lewis hit Wladimir, what if Lewis got hit? Wladimir hits harder than Vitali. It's speculation I think Wladimir could likely have won that fight.
            yea,,,im surprised its so one sided. dont get me wrong,,,,lewis was great and had more veratility than wlad but wlad cracks every bit as hard as lennox imo and lennox has been knocked out by guys not nearly as accurate or hard hitting

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              yea,,,im surprised its so one sided. dont get me wrong,,,,lewis was great and had more veratility than wlad but wlad cracks every bit as hard as lennox imo and lennox has been knocked out by guys not nearly as accurate or hard hitting
              Yep I agree, well we did have a poll where Rios was beating Mayweather or was level with him so that shouldn't be a surprise lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                When Wlad fights anyone skilled he's afraid to let his punches go. Wlad's right hand is insignificant because he would be knocked out before he's comfortable enough to throw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  When Wlad fights anyone skilled he's afraid to let his punches go. Wlad's right hand is insignificant because he would be knocked out before he's comfortable enough to throw it.
                  I disagree. its when hes fighting shorter guys that crouch low is when he has problems dropping the right hand in. he'd have no problems getting the right hand off against lennox. thats not to say lennox wouldnt get there first. lennox probably is the faster starter so I would give him an edge but wlad would have more than just a small punchers chance imo

Comment

Too close to call TBH.

Wlad, although not nearly (not even in the same universe) as tough and tricky and active as Vitali, probably has more one-punch power and a better jab.

Wlad and Lennox could both KO each other easily and have both been KOd by lesser opponents who got inside.

For these reasons I actually think it might become a very cautious long range fight after they feel each others power and those are Wlad's specialty...
                    Last edited by Fr3$h; 05-20-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                      Lennox Lewis was 36, two years younger than Wladimir is now.

Lennox was actually close to his best in 2002.
                      No he wasnt.

Does it matter whether he was younger or older than Wlad is now? People peak and fall at different ages.

Comment

Working...
                      X