Collapse
No announcement yet.

K2 flopped negotiations for GGG-Quillin Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar Fire Schaefer, cut ties to that wanna be Al Heyman. Oscar, work more with Arum for the sake of the boxing fans and public. Work better with Arum, Dibella, and others.

Comment

Originally posted by ggg_kz View Post
      HBO has exclusive rights to broadcasting his fights on the American soil. Monaco is in Europe. Europe is not America. How to break it down more explicitely for you I really don't know.

Man, you should do a quick research before making a thread? Or at least read through the original thread to understand the picture?
      I know what you mean bro, but this agreement must have limitations because for example if WBA asked for a purse bid against a GBP fighter, their exclusiveness would be void right?

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
        I know what you mean bro, but this agreement must have limitations because for example if WBA asked for a purse bid against a GBP fighter, their exclusiveness would be void right?
        It'd either be on HBO or get stripped.... unless for some reason HBO would let their competitor air one of their fighters.

Fighters have been stripped for the Network saying no to the opponent

Comment

Damn OP seems to be ******ed one...

Comment

Why won't Mayweather fight on NBC?

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              How about the simple FACT that Golovkin's fights can only be shown in the States on HBO.

I seriously can't see how is dude can't understand this... a malnourished North Korean fetus could probably understand it better
              There must be something you all missing Scheafer wouldn't of made the offer otherwise, Until you GGG fans bring Facts with GGG HBO contract and what powers it enforces, I will stay skeptical.

Steverson was under the same contract right? and as GGG manager said... "because the team is not going to turn away from their partners on HBO" Don't say that they can't do it, just that they feel best interest if the didnt.

Steverson did a network bid for his fight, HBO didn't want to outbid Showtimes offer and Steverson also should still have one more fight agreement on HBO. Possibly with Kov.
              I feel schaefer knows more what he can offer than us boxing fans do.
              Last edited by [T][B][E]; 05-20-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [T][B][E] View Post
                There must be something you all missing Scheafer wouldn't of made the offer otherwise, Until you GGG fans bring Facts with GGG HBO contract and what powers it enforces, I will stay skeptical.

Steverson was under the same contract right? and as GGG manager said... "because the team is not going to turn away from their partners on HBO" Don't say that they can't do it, just that they feel best interest if the didnt.
                What more do you need other than exclusive broadcasting rights in North America? Why would they make an exception for their competitor?
                Are you telling me you're skeptical until you see the real contract?
                You kidding me?

It's not the freaking same. Stevenson just fought on HBO, the legal dispute is if his contract to fight Kovalev is enforceable

Ever consider that means they're not going to step away from HBO after their contract expires with them because they're the ones who brought GGG up to his level of fame?

I'm freaking done. I have a better chance of convincing Jenny Mccarthy vaccinations won't give her kids autism.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  What more do you need other than exclusive broadcasting rights in North America? Why would they make an exception for their competitor?
                  Are you telling me you're skeptical until you see the real contract?
                  You kidding me?

It's not the freaking same. Stevenson just fought on HBO, the legal dispute is if his contract to fight Kovalev is enforceable

Ever consider that means they're not going to step away from HBO after their contract expires with them because they're the ones who brought GGG up to his level of fame?

I'm freaking done. I have a better chance of convincing Jenny Mccarthy vaccinations won't give her kids autism.
                  Stop repeating yourself I know exactly what you mean, but Im still skeptical about the power they can enforce to stop such a bout happening on showtime if K2 agreed on the bid.

Comment

Dear God... OP is a tard.

Yes, HBO would let their exclusive contract fighter, one of the top 3 viewed Network fighters, go to their competitor in any way shape or form.

I don't know... I just find it really hard to believe anybody can be this stupid... i'm freaking blown back and amazed.

Damn son... just damn. I feel bad now that simple concepts are so hard for you to grasp

Comment

Showtime could cover the fight in Golovkins Back yard. Although I doubt this is what they intend its still an counter-offer K2 could have considered.

Comment

Working...
                      X