Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
    lolololololol

Stop it please i beg you,im down to my cone now and i don't want to choke on it.
    /\ Check out this hater who can't accept the truth.

Sonny Liston would have been arse ****d by Alex Leapai.

Comment

Top 10 is a stretch (through no fault of his own) but Top 15 for sure. Wlad remains a very underrated champion.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        Yeah, you must have done. I can't remember why you are, but I imagine you really burnt my soul and I simply couldn't cope with it, you hurt my feelings too deep.

Either that, or you were just a silly **** and I couldn't be arsed with it. One of the two, I can't be sure which.

But you're right. Ali never always fought a-level comp, so it's only just that Wlad's a top ten ATG for his win over Ray Austin.

Ali would have been broken in two by Puritty.
        I don't recall the reason either. I wouldn't know, would I? But I think I remember pissing you off. Anyway, I think you should put me off ignore, as I actually find you entertaining and would like to reply in your threads

I didn't even mention Austin or Purrity, btw.

Comment

Who's the most skilled all-round boxer that Wlad fought? I reckon I'd probably say Corrie Sanders.

Oh. Wait...
          Probably Haye, Byrd or Povetkin. Pulev is next, he is classy too.

Comment

/\ Check out this hater who can't accept the truth.

Sonny Liston would have been arse ****d by Alex Leapai.
            Probably not, but Liston was slow as molasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltz View Post
              I don't recall the reason either. I wouldn't know, would I? But I think I remember pissing you off. Anyway, I think you should put me off ignore, as I actually find you entertaining and would like to reply in your threads

I didn't even mention Austin or Purrity, btw.
              Fair enough... I do wonder if I put you on by mistake, actually, as I have no recollection of doing so. Unless I was just drunk when I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                Probably Haye, Byrd or Povetkin. Pulev is next, he is classy too.
                In one sense I gave Wlad credit for beating Byrd, but it's one of the few times he wouldn't have to unduly worry about getting hit back.

Although Haye has skills, I don't know if I can say he's a pure HW, and it wasn't a great performance from him.

Povetkin... I don't rate him that much, and Wlad's appalling tactics took away pretty much any credit he deserved for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
                  Say what you will about the state of the heavyweight division, but the truth is, Wlad's 18 title defenses speaks volumes about his skill and accomplishments in boxing. He's faced all variety of opposition and he has dominated them.

If the Klitschko's weren't around all these years, people would be saying the heavyweight division is as tough and competitive as it was when Bowe, Holyfield, and Lewis were all earning their stripes.

The Klitchko's have made boxing boring because the own their division, and it isn't close.

Wlad is a top 10 ATG, no doubt about it. He'd easily defeat most of the heavyweights that are considered great. In fact, I suspect most of those fights wouldn't even be close. Wlad is a freak of nature.

Thats embarrassing.

Not only did you just explain that you think this era, without the Klitschkos, would be as good as an era with a young Bowe, Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield in it, four bonafide ATG HOFers, but that means you're equating the contenders of today, Fury, Adamek, Chisora, Peter, Stiverne, Arreola, Wilder etc with Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Holyfield, plus the other champs and contenders of that same era like George Foreman, michael Moorer, Oliver McCall, prime Ray Mercer, Witherspoon, Ruddock, Bruno, etc.

Well, despite that utterly absurd post, I think Wlad is already borderline top 10 if not in it already, so if he did that, then yes, he would make it. We still have to see what these guys do themselves though. Just beating them doesn't mean anything, particularly not in an historical sense of ranking someone among the ATGs.

They have to show themselves to be legit champions or just excellent fighters by the rest of their own career, on its own standing. So, we really won't know and can't say anything about it, even if he did beat them, until they have proven to be worthy opponents that would actually mean something historically.

People forget these days within the heavyweight division, that unless a contender proves himself great by having a great career of his own accord and doing big things himself, other than just getting to a ranked position with a win over some unknown, then fighting Wlad, it's not anything special, nor even good. It's just another random win over a bad quality opponent. They have to show themselves to be good, with their own great career. Not many are doing that at the moment. It's not as if guys like Fury, Wilder, Pulev etc are lighting the division on fire with their own quality wins, hard fights and great skills.

Take Solis for example. He has already proven to be a serious dud. He had potential as an amateur, but it was never realised as a pro and he has turned out to be absolutely nothing through his own laziness. So if one were to use him as an example, it's not a good win, because he's not a good fighter as a pro. Vitali destroying him in one round showed that pretty quick!

Whereas someone like Chris Byrd proved himself a top opponent with his own excellent career, with a long reign as a top ranked fighter, becoming a champion, and excellent wins over great opponents himself.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 05-20-2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Top 10 heavyweight?!

The Tony Thompson win alone puts him in the top 10 POUND FOR POUND all time. If he beats anyone else it's probably time to rank him above Sugar Ray Robinson.

Comment

Holy ****e, Annie showing prime championship form here. He's taken five years off and showing these young contenders how it's done, a bit like Wlad putting on an ATG performance against the younger Povetkin.....Well, ok maybe not. A bit like Marquez destroying Alvarado. Annie and his roided acne chest, we've all seen it.

Comment

Working...
                      X