Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wladimir beats Wilder, Stiverne, Fury, Jennings & Pulev, is he a top 10 ATG HW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I already have Wladimir in the top 10. If Wladimir beats Stiverne, Pulev, Jennings, Fury and Wilder then I would have him in the top 5 at least.

Comment

• Stiverne, eh? That's a big ask... some people want the moon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
        I already have Wladimir in the top 10. If Wladimir beats Stiverne, Pulev, Jennings, Fury and Wilder then I would have him in the top 5 at least.
        Wladimir is among the 5 greatest heavyweights of all time, no doubt. He will cement this status over the next few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
          Hey, I'm here. Was out for a bit.

I reckon that was probably why you were on ignore... you spoil for a fight, don'tcha? I probably got bored of it or something, I don't recall.
          To the contrary, I never back out of a fight. I also have a greater wit than you.

Comment

• That is a tough call, because that would be another 2-3 years of dominance so no matter how you rate those guys a run of that length is impressive regardless of the names.

So it really would come down to how someone rates longevity compared to just names, so it is an interesting debate that would probably fall in the favor of Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              That is a tough call, because that would be another 2-3 years of dominance so no matter how you rate those guys a run of that length is impressive regardless of the names.

So it really would come down to how someone rates longevity compared to just names, so it is an interesting debate that would probably fall in the favor of Wlad.
              Frazier, Foreman, Tyson don't have impressive resumes either, and they are considered ATGs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                Frazier, Foreman, Tyson don't have impressive resumes either, and they are considered ATGs.
                To a certain degree, although I think you are kind of missing the mark with Foreman he had a pretty impressive career. Tyson and Frazier but Frazier I believe has better names on his dossier than Wlad but much less longevity and Tyson his ranking is based on his reign of terror period where he was just so dominant.

If you like Wlad's longevity over the strength of Tyson total dominance over a short period where he laid waste to the whole heavyweight division, or Frazier's quality short career, you can certainly make a good argument.

Comment

To a certain degree, although I think you are kind of missing the mark with Foreman he had a pretty impressive career. Tyson and Frazier but Frazier I believe has better names on his dossier than Wlad but much less longevity and Tyson his ranking is based on his reign of terror period where he was just so dominant.

If you like Wlad's longevity over the strength of Tyson total dominance over a short period where he laid waste to the whole heavyweight division, or Frazier's quality short career, you can certainly make a good argument.
                  Wladimir is surely more ATG worthy than Tyson and Frazier. Foreman I consider ATG even though he's quite limited as showed vs Ali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                    Wladimir is surely more ATG worthy than Tyson and Frazier. Foreman I consider ATG even though he's quite limited as showed vs Ali.
                    I don't necessarily agree with that but I do think it is well within reason to argue Wlad's case like that, it is all opinion anyway and Wlad has had an excellent very long run.

Comment

I don't necessarily agree with that but I do think it is well within reason to argue Wlad's case like that, it is all opinion anyway and Wlad has had an excellent very long run.
                      Don't you think that Wladimir is a true ATG? I cannot believe that followers think he's not. He did all he could.

Comment

Working...
                      X