Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum May Speak To Golden Boy About Marquez Foes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey just set up, marquez-provodnikov, pacquaio-martinez/ cotto winner(esp if it is martinez), garcia-matthysse 2, rios-broner , canelo-lara winner vs. Ggg-quillin winner. Set all these fights up.

Comment

I know all those fights cross promotional boundaries, but it would be great for boxing. Floyd-maidana 2, thurman-berto, brook-porter winner vs. Khan. Etc. Lots of intriguing matchups.

Comment

Great news Bob! Marquez please stick to ya piss/guns !! REJECT THAT 5th FIGHT
        It was a perfect ending to a great rivalary although im a pac fan.
        He already got embarassed by Mayweather, so the only other option would be Porter. not sure if thurman has that belt for his 5th weight division title

Comment

That's the way to do it, put Thurman in front of jmm or even Porter. Arum is simply saying, fight Pac or Ruslan or jmm will be thrown at the Crocodile pond.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveboxing2 View Post
            That's the way to do it, put Thurman in front of jmm or even Porter. Arum is simply saying, fight Pac or Ruslan or jmm will be thrown at the Crocodile pond.
            Very good, hell if he dont want taht 5th fight, the other options are monsters: Ruslan, Porter or Thurman guys all looking for KOs in every fight, and marquez loves to trade when edged on

Comment

There are lots of ducks in the GBP stable. Thurman says everyone is ducking him. Arum would be happy to supply GBP with brave TR fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                Why not Thurman vs Maidana? They're both Golden Boys.
                Maidana didn't want it

Comment

I cant believe there are actually people on here saying that JMM is scared to fight a guy he has already fought 4 times. god the people on this site suck ass

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJJ View Post
                    I really don't mean to be rude, because I don't know what his actual true intentions are, but to me it seems Arum is trying to play Oscar like a fiddle.

And to the fans, please explain why you think fight will get made if Schaefer leaves?

First off, the majority of fighters he works with are NOT signed to GB. They are managed by Haymon and Haymon works with him to allow GB to promote.

Wikipedia:

Fighters who are currently or were previously represented by Haymon include:[1][2]

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                    Adonis Stevenson
                    Amir Khan
                    Peter Quillin
                    Josesito Lopez
                    Erislandy Lara
                    Cristobal Arreola
                    Devon Alexander
                    Adrien Broner
                    Kyrone Davis
                    Andre Berto
                    Danny Garcia
                    Austin Trout
                    Lamont Peterson
                    Anthony Peterson
                    Seth Mitchell
                    Gary Russell Jr.
                    Antonio Tarver
                    Sakio Bika
                    Vernon Forrest
                    Lamon Brewster
                    Jermain Taylor
                    J'Leon Love
                    Omar Figueroa
                    Paul Williams
                    Leo Santa Cruz
                    John Molina, Jr.
                    Deontay Wilder
                    Lucas Matthysse
                    Chris Pearson
                    Errol Spence
                    Marcos Maidana
                    Julian Williams
                    Keith Thurman
                    Paulie Malignaggi
                    Robert Guerrero
                    Shawn Porter
                    Luis Collazo
                    Rances Barthelemy

And I doubt Arum would work with Haymon so NONE of these fighters will fight Top Rank fighters if Schaefer leaves.

So in reality, the cold war doesn't end at all if Schafer leaves. All it does is make a promotional war triangle with GB, Top Rank, and Haymon fighters.

Anyone ever think Arum wants Schaefer to leave GB because he's the main reason GB is a success and if he leaves Top Rank may become the #1 promotional company again?

I really have no side in this promotional war. I'm just pointing out what I think personally is kind of honest. Wish I could read Arum's mind to know the real truth.
                    So your actually wrong. Many of the fighters you listed have promotional contracts with GBP, you can check GBP web site and see the entire list of fighters. Haymon is a manager, he manages the fighters careers and is point man for negotiations. The majority of his fighters are currently in promotional contracts and ars not free agents. I believe the only major fighters that are free agents in boxing is Mayweather and Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                      people need to wait, we all know richard the two timing ***** has taken a few golden boy guys by backstabbing the company, if he takes porter, then its out of the question

as long as porter stays with golden boy, he could get marquez, maybe even pacquiao if things work out well
                      i dont know what you read. but no where did you see arum talking about pac fighting a GBP fighter and why??? because arum wont allow pac to fight outside of top rank.

Comment

Working...
                      X