Comments Thread For: Arum May Speak To Golden Boy About Marquez Foes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Please put him in with Thurman ASAP.
    Why not Thurman vs Maidana? They're both Golden Boys.

Comment

I really don't mean to be rude, because I don't know what his actual true intentions are, but to me it seems Arum is trying to play Oscar like a fiddle.

And to the fans, please explain why you think fight will get made if Schaefer leaves?

First off, the majority of fighters he works with are NOT signed to GB. They are managed by Haymon and Haymon works with him to allow GB to promote.

Wikipedia:

Fighters who are currently or were previously represented by Haymon include:[1][2]

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
      Adonis Stevenson
      Amir Khan
      Peter Quillin
      Josesito Lopez
      Erislandy Lara
      Cristobal Arreola
      Devon Alexander
      Adrien Broner
      Kyrone Davis
      Andre Berto
      Danny Garcia
      Austin Trout
      Lamont Peterson
      Anthony Peterson
      Seth Mitchell
      Gary Russell Jr.
      Antonio Tarver
      Sakio Bika
      Vernon Forrest
      Lamon Brewster
      Jermain Taylor
      J'Leon Love
      Omar Figueroa
      Paul Williams
      Leo Santa Cruz
      John Molina, Jr.
      Deontay Wilder
      Lucas Matthysse
      Chris Pearson
      Errol Spence
      Marcos Maidana
      Julian Williams
      Keith Thurman
      Paulie Malignaggi
      Robert Guerrero
      Shawn Porter
      Luis Collazo
      Rances Barthelemy

And I doubt Arum would work with Haymon so NONE of these fighters will fight Top Rank fighters if Schaefer leaves.

So in reality, the cold war doesn't end at all if Schafer leaves. All it does is make a promotional war triangle with GB, Top Rank, and Haymon fighters.

Anyone ever think Arum wants Schaefer to leave GB because he's the main reason GB is a success and if he leaves Top Rank may become the #1 promotional company again?

I really have no side in this promotional war. I'm just pointing out what I think personally is kind of honest. Wish I could read Arum's mind to know the real truth.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        you hear him try to weasel out in the post fight interview?

imagine if that was El Terrible? none of the filibustering about not fighting...Morales woulda said something like '**** yea, let's fight right now'
        Except Morales said "fck no, I don't want to fight Marquez"
        Lets not forget that part of history. Like him or not the last great fighters from Mexico have been Morales, Barrera, Marquez. At this point of his career Marquez is not worried about proving his worth, his done that already. Like Pac, Mayweather, Morales he can afford to choose who he fights now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trayhezy View Post
          Why is Arum willing to speak to GBP about Marquez foes when he should be speaking to them about Pac foes?
          I was thinking the exact same thing!

Comment

Dont get your hopes up people. First off all, al Haymon fighters are basically out of the running. Also Arum will probably wont options on any fighter who fights and beats JMM. Lets not get overly excited, the "cold war" isnt ending any time soon and if it does, haymon fighters wont be fighter arum fighters anyway

Comment

The walls are closing in on top rank. Bob can only recycle fights for so long.

Comment

Arum knows that Marquez ain't putting up with no bull crap money like Bradley's dumbass did. So it could very well Marquez vs porter so jmm can get that 5th title. Although Marquez will make more money fighting ducquiao. Arum won't guarantee Marquez the lions share. Marquez put pacquiao to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded
                  I wonder how Haymon's fighters will like being shut out from every major fighter promoted by Top Rank or Golden Boy. Because that's the direction things seem to be heading.
                  at this point. Hayman fight don't need neither goldy and sure as hell don't need top stank.

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJJ View Post
                    I really don't mean to be rude, because I don't know what his actual true intentions are, but to me it seems Arum is trying to play Oscar like a fiddle.

And to the fans, please explain why you think fight will get made if Schaefer leaves?

First off, the majority of fighters he works with are NOT signed to GB. They are managed by Haymon and Haymon works with him to allow GB to promote.

Wikipedia:

Fighters who are currently or were previously represented by Haymon include:[1][2]

Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                    Adonis Stevenson
                    Amir Khan
                    Peter Quillin
                    Josesito Lopez
                    Erislandy Lara
                    Cristobal Arreola
                    Devon Alexander
                    Adrien Broner
                    Kyrone Davis
                    Andre Berto
                    Danny Garcia
                    Austin Trout
                    Lamont Peterson
                    Anthony Peterson
                    Seth Mitchell
                    Gary Russell Jr.
                    Antonio Tarver
                    Sakio Bika
                    Vernon Forrest
                    Lamon Brewster
                    Jermain Taylor
                    J'Leon Love
                    Omar Figueroa
                    Paul Williams
                    Leo Santa Cruz
                    John Molina, Jr.
                    Deontay Wilder
                    Lucas Matthysse
                    Chris Pearson
                    Errol Spence
                    Marcos Maidana
                    Julian Williams
                    Keith Thurman
                    Paulie Malignaggi
                    Robert Guerrero
                    Shawn Porter
                    Luis Collazo
                    Rances Barthelemy

And I doubt Arum would work with Haymon so NONE of these fighters will fight Top Rank fighters if Schaefer leaves.

So in reality, the cold war doesn't end at all if Schafer leaves. All it does is make a promotional war triangle with GB, Top Rank, and Haymon fighters.

Anyone ever think Arum wants Schaefer to leave GB because he's the main reason GB is a success and if he leaves Top Rank may become the #1 promotional company again?

I really have no side in this promotional war. I'm just pointing out what I think personally is kind of honest. Wish I could read Arum's mind to know the real truth.
                    aside from porter, according to GBP website, just about every fighter with a name from 140 to 154 is promoted by GBP

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/fighters/?d=-1&n=

so I'm not getting all the talk about haymon fighters not really having a promotional contract / agreement with gbp when gbp list these fights on their site as being gbp fighters

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
                      aside from porter, according to GBP website, just about every fighter with a name from 140 to 154 is promoted by GBP

http://www.goldenboypromotions.com/fighters/?d=-1&n=

so I'm not getting all the talk about haymon fighters not really having a promotional contract / agreement with gbp when gbp list these fights on their site as being gbp fighters
                      Difference between being promoted uh and signed to a promotional contract.

You'll see if the split happens that GB will not have promotional rights to a lot of their fighters they currently promote.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer to be wrong. I want this to end the beef and allow the fights to happens. But I don't think you'll see Arum wanting to work with Haymon who promotes all these fighters, and you'll see that Haymon will easily be bringing them to another promotional banner. Not all, but a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X