Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Froch vs Groves II Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Groves has won the mental battle long ago folks! Stylistically, Groves is a nightmare for Froch. Froch can only win if he relies on his stamina, chin and power punches.

I bet Froch is thinking about putting pressure on Groves. If Froch does that, he might get knocked out cold before the 7th.

I thought Groves would win the first fight, and I believe he is the favorite in the second fight. And I am trying to be neutral as much as possible...

Comment

• Watched a bit of first fight - groves' speed visibly reduced as the fight went on.

Comment

• Anyone going to Groves/Joshua/Mitchell's open session at Westfield this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Anyone going to Groves/Joshua/Mitchell's open session at Westfield this week?
          I'm thinking of going mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
            Watched a bit of first fight - groves' speed visibly reduced as the fight went on.
            It was noticeable from round 7 onwards.

Despite being outboxed for most of it, Froch put in some good body shots which possibly told later on but there is also an argument that Groves has a history of gassing in fights. No surprise Froch's body shots were not credited by Jim Watt, as he had clearly nailed his colours to the George Groves mast.

Comment

• If it rains on Saturday night, do they put a canopy up or just do a Haye-Chisora and fight through it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                If it rains on Saturday night, do they put a canopy up or just do a Haye-Chisora and fight through it?
                Pretty sure Hearn mentioned something about a canopy, a la Haye vs. Klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  If it rains on Saturday night, do they put a canopy up or just do a Haye-Chisora and fight through it?
                  It will look like this:

Comment

• Froch and Groves were flirting. Check out the eyebrow signals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      Froch and Groves were flirting. Check out the eyebrow signals.

loooooooooooool

Comment

Working...
                      X