Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Praises Alvarado, Says Several HBO Fights Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Alvarado is shot, he was just in way over his head. If anything he needs to be matched better.

There are classes in this sport and he had no business being in with a grade A fighter. Match him up more competitively and let him rebuild himself.

Top rank is giving him very good paydays for a guy of his caliber, but put him in with some more on his level.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      These statements are the reason Rigondeaux and Mikey Garcia have the wrong promoter. The show is bigger than the win. He might as well be promoting WWE fights.
      it's a business,hbo wants good action fights,thats why they refuse to sometimes work with certain fighters,it all comes down to money,i would much rather watch cotto or guys who come to fight instead of holding all night like klitschko or running all night and making dull fights like titere vazquez

Comment

Alvardo deserve a tune up

Comment

Is anyone surprised? This is the guy that sold us clottey, margarito and Mosley as credible opponents for manny pacquiao. Why wouldn't he do the same for Alvarado?

Comment

I think alvarado could beat postol

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              The Top Rank Carousel.

Rios/Provodnikov
              Alvarado/Bradley
              Provodnikov vs. Pacquiao
              Rios/Alvarado III
              Marquez/Rios
              Bradley/Provodnikov II

This **** is getting out of hand.
              Those all sound really good to me. What fights recently between 140-147 are better than those?

Comment

I don't watch punching bags with no skills at all . Boxing is about winning , like every other sport . If you always get beat and loses , why watch you again ? You have to win and show skills . Give rigo , Floyd , Leonard , Lara and I'll watch .

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                  Sorry but alvarado is shot. Provodnikov ruined him.
                  Rios Ruined him, Ruslan just got the credit.

Comment

No, Arum I don't want to see Bradley VS Alvarado. I want to see Bradley against capable, decent opponents, not against Alvarado, who sadly now is a shot, C level (or maximum B-) fighter. And Alvarado-Rios 3 would be fun that's for sure, but I think Mr. Arum, you have to be smart enough to not risk those two health with a third match, only for the money. Alvarado and Rios both damadged goods, I'm sorry but I think theyshould retire.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaron72 View Post
                      I don't watch punching bags with no skills at all . Boxing is about winning , like every other sport . If you always get beat and loses , why watch you again ? You have to win and show skills . Give rigo , Floyd , Leonard , Lara and I'll watch .
                      I agree. Boxing is about skills, but tell that to half of the people that leave whenever Rigondeaux fights.

This isn't the olympics where the only thing matters is the win.
                      In professional boxing you also have to look good while doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X