No announcement yet.

Ehmm name me a bigger fight then Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ehmm name me a bigger fight then Pacquiao-Marquez 5

Seriously some people I really don't get over here, how can you prefer Alvarado against manny then marquez, to the people that are complaining about a fifth fight, have the other 4 ever dissapointed? I know many want to see pac in with a new opponent but let's be real only floyd and marquez can beat pacquiao so at least we know it's going to be competitive.

It sells well, it's always been a war and you can gurantee the fifth fight will be epic just like all the rest. So back to my original question name me a bigger fight that can Realistically be made that's bigger then this?

pacquiao vs canelo after he beats lara

pacquiao vs cotto if he beats martinez

pacquiao vs martinez at 154 maybe

pacquiao vs alvarado if he stops marquez

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If your talking about PPV numbers than probably just Canelo or Cotto

The Canelo fight will have Network, Promotion and weight issues

Cotto will have weight and trainer issues

JMM 5 is a great fight. People hate on it but you know they're gonna watch it

Comment

Mayweather can fight Canelo again which would likely be a success, doesn't mean it isn't a useless fight. Think we've all seen enough, I find these fights far more appealing....

Lara-Canelo
        Thurman-Porter
        Matthysse-Garcia II
        Rigondeaux - Leo Santa Cruz
        Garcia-Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          pacquiao vs canelo after he beats lara

pacquiao vs cotto if he beats martinez

pacquiao vs martinez at 154 maybe

pacquiao vs alvarado if he stops marquez

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I said realistic fights, and there is no chance Alvarado beats marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Mayweather can fight Canelo again which would likely be a success, doesn't mean it isn't a useless fight. Think we've all seen enough, I find these fights far more appealing....

Lara-Canelo
            Thurman-Porter
            Matthysse-Garcia II
            Rigondeaux - Leo Santa Cruz
            Garcia-Maidana
            They are might be more appealing but they sure ain't bigger. And canelo-floyd is far from competitive if it's going to be @ 152. It will do bigger numbers but it won't be competitive

Comment

Its really the last meaningful fight for Pac in Top Rank, seriously if he signs an extension I will personally blame him for the Floyd fight not getting made ever. If he beats Marquez or Alvarez if he can pull an upset then all that's left for him is Floyd. The only way it happens is to go back to golden boy.

As far as the question. Bradley-Provodnikov 2 could be better, just not as big. GGG vs Chavez would be better but nothing will be bigger because PAC is PAC. He's arums only draw once Chavez leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt0411 View Post
                They are might be more appealing but they sure ain't bigger. And canelo-floyd is far from competitive if it's going to be @ 152. It will do bigger numbers but it won't be competitive
                I don't see the casuals getting behind a 5th fight and surly not the hardcore fans. Pacquiao's best bet is to become a free agent and take on some of the younger killers at 140 or 147. That would build his current profile more than these recycled fights.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  Its really the last meaningful fight for Pac in Top Rank, seriously if he signs an extension I will personally blame him for the Floyd fight not getting made ever. If he beats Marquez or Alvarez if he can pull an upset then all that's left for him is Floyd. The only way it happens is to go back to golden boy.

As far as the question. Bradley-Provodnikov 2 could be better, just not as big. GGG vs Chavez would be better but nothing will be bigger because PAC is PAC. He's arums only draw once Chavez leaves.
                  Yeah pretty much my point, there is still a lot to fight for but I do agree with you it is manny's last meaningful fight with top rank, after marquez there really is nothing left

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    I don't see the casuals getting behind a 5th fight and surly not the hardcore fans. Pacquiao's best bet is to become a free agent and take on some of the younger killers at 140 or 147. That would build his current profile more than these recycled fights.
                    I disagree about the causuals, I think they will eat it up big time. However the thing which you have to understand is pac wants that fight probably even more then the floyd fight right now when you get knocked out, you want revenge, simple. Marquez will obviously be after the money and the title so it makes things intriguing as it has always been when you match the two up.

Then yes, I agree with you after that fight, as you said, he should become a free agent and obviously go after floyd and maybe even Thurman and porter or khan and boner.

Comment

Working...
                    X