Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko v Bermane Stiverne - who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    There's no question that Lewis has the better resume.
    This doesn't include the night he fought Vitali..... he deleted that from his resume as that was the night he got the worst sustained beating of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRO View Post
      Doesn't matter who he beat before or after... he had RAHMAN PRACTICALLY THROUGH THE ROPES BEFORE gassing had Wlad down 5 times in 120 seconds & GAVE Vitali a little scare for a 30 second interval... that's 3 CHAMPIONS right there.. so don't give me that in shape motivated Lewis crap... the fact that Lewis doesn't come in shape 100% of the time like both brother's Holyfield or even an Haye SPEAKS volumes about him but let's keep giving him a pass & making excuses for his poor work ethic as a champion.
      Lewis > Sanders, Lewis > Vitali & Lewis > Wlad.

I also think you will find that Wladimir was head-butted in the first instance.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRO View Post
        This doesn't include the night he fought Vitali..... he deleted that from his resume as that was the night he got the worst sustained beating of his career.
        Ah, that explains Vitali's look of resignation at the end of Round 5.

Vitali won the first few rounds, but Lewis was on top at the time of the stoppage. He would have floored Vitali if the fight had continued; that or Vitali would have quit on his stool.

Comment

Vitali is a Terminator,,, He cannot be stopped

IMO Wlad would have no chance vs Vitali

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            vitali instead of fighting rahman
            See... that would be funny if we weren't discussing Lewis. Not Vitali's fault Rahman couldn't hold on to the belt Vitali loaned him.... Rahman would've gotten obliterated.. esp. to a peeved Klitschko. Trust me if one manages to escape a Klitschko beatdown due to unforeseen circumstances the other Klitschko ALWAYS gets him... look no further than Byrd.. PURITY... sANDERS... rahman & Haye & even Lewis.

Doesn't matter whicH Klitschko beats you down as long as it gets DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post

Vitali won the first few rounds, but Lewis was on top at the time of the stoppage. He would have floored Vitali if the fight had continued; that or Vitali would have quit on his stool.
              Being on top means leading on the scorecards but since that wasn't allowed to come into play to decipher the official result.. the fight was won strictly on who physically appeared better to the naked eye & that was obviously Lewis... what wasn't obvious was who WAS more ready & able to continue to the 7th rd & to me that is what is the ULTIMATE decider of a fight... even the biggest of Lewis fans can't factually say he was more ready for another 3 minutes of action than Klitschko was.. he plopped on his stool completely spent & Vitali had similar actions... so these was a very incomplete & unusual ending...

The BOUT was STOPPED with both fighters equally gone.. forget about what happened in the final 6 or 8 seconds... as that little spurt at the end could've served to punch Lewis out so in no way was that an indicator of an advantage going into the 7th rd.. he was emptying the kitchen sink... so in my mind this was a technical draw if EVERYONE involved kept it completely REAL.

Comment

Don't think there's much basis for that, TBH. Both men looked tired and worse for wear...and Lewis wasn't exactly looking fresh and confident for the potential second half of the fight, slumping in his stool, either...

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                  Don't think there's much basis for that, TBH. Both men looked tired and worse for wear...and Lewis wasn't exactly looking fresh and confident for the potential second half of the fight, slumping in his stool, either...
                  I agree in part - both men were shattered at the end of the sixth. I just feel, even now, having re-watched the fight dozens of times, that the fight swung in Lewis's favour from Round 5. Vitali's expression said it all.

Anyway, this is well-trodden ground and off topic. It was one of the GREAT heavyweight fights and that's a great credit to both men.

Comment

I agree in part - both men were shattered at the end of the sixth. I just feel, even now, having re-watched the fight dozens of times, that the fight swung in Lewis's favour from Round 5. Vitali's expression said it all.

Anyway, this is well-trodden ground and off topic. It was one of the GREAT heavyweight fights and that's a great credit to both men.
                    Oh absolutely. I understand as a fan of a fighter you will obviously swing for them in terms of assessing a situation - as a Vitali fan I of course acknowledge he was damaged and tired, but I feel he was still ready to fight and wasn't completely out of it...more so probably discouraged because of the knowledge that the fight was almost certain to get stopped at any moment.

As a fan of Lennox I understand your view with how the fight was going and the prediction on how it would have gone. Respectful discussion and the OVERALL MESSAGE of this was a great fight, the last real great fight between two of the best big men of recent times, or ever. Just a shame it wasn't when both were prime, fit, and free of any freak accidents or injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
                      Oh absolutely. I understand as a fan of a fighter you will obviously swing for them in terms of assessing a situation - as a Vitali fan I of course acknowledge he was damaged and tired, but I feel he was still ready to fight and wasn't completely out of it...more so probably discouraged because of the knowledge that the fight was almost certain to get stopped at any moment.

As a fan of Lennox I understand your view with how the fight was going and the prediction on how it would have gone. Respectful discussion and the OVERALL MESSAGE of this was a great fight, the last real great fight between two of the best big men of recent times, or ever. Just a shame it wasn't when both were prime, fit, and free of any freak accidents or injuries.

Great post.

Comment

Working...
                      X