Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bermane Stiverne vs. Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my knowledge, the fight has not yet been made. This is what I hate about boxing - politics and egos get in the way of big fights. Wilder became the WBC #1 contender last summer and Stiverne hasn't fought since his big KO win over Arreola in May. I don't ****in get how this inactivity helps fighters in any regard. Financially, they are not fighting so they are not getting paid. And professionally, they're getting rusty by not staying active.

Comment

• Originally posted by APPONO ASTOS
      stiverne wins by mid round tko............and then wlad beats stiverne to become undisputed atg heavyweight of the universe
      wlad doesnt crack top 5 heavyweight of all time.

Comment

• To those who aren't sold on Wilder: if he KO's Stiverne would you be convinced he is the real deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          To those who aren't sold on Wilder: if he KO's Stiverne would you be convinced he is the real deal?
          Yeah definitely (Lennox)...

Comment

• What's the deal with this fight?! I heard it was agreed upon but I haven't seen anything official yet? The fight isn't even scheduled...

Comment

• It's going to be interesting to watch. 60/40 for Stiverne. TKO/KO before round 8.

If I am wrong, Wilder will definitely prove to be a serious threat in HW. Still find it hard to believe though.

Comment

• The only chance Wilder has is by letting his hands go early. His chin is awful: he cannot take a punch.

Comment

• If Wilder manages to get the drop on Stiverne, he is the real deal and credible opponent for Wladimir, the number 1 contender then for sure.

If not, it doesn't mean he is a bum. Losing to Stiverne is nothing to be bummified about!

However I think Stiverne is going to knock Wilder out.

Stiverne is not as long or fast as Wilder or as furious workrate.

But Stiverne is heavier, can fight the full rounds, always dangerous, Wilder is an unbalanced skinny flamingo who blows his stack in the first few rounds.

Stiverne has an iron chin, Wilder is a glass jaw

Stiverne has the same crushing power as Wilder, but can employ it more tightly (although Stiverne is susceptible to Wilder's at range).

Stiverne has real skills and is an expert counterpuncher.

Stiv by KO

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                    I really hope Deontay Wilder beats Bermane Stiverne, so we can see unification with Wladimir Klitschko.
                    I can't remember who I originally voted for but I'm not leaning towards Wilder as long as his power shots connect. Either way it's intriguing and that's what boxing needs right now, especially the big men and could show us the perfect build up for a Klitschko right, although Wilder is signed to Haymon (right?) so that match up may not exist lol.

Comment

• Gotta go with Stiverne by KO.
                      Wilder is predictable, if Stiverne is able to block then counter with a short punch there is no doubt in my mind even if Wilder isnt dropped by the shot he will panic and unravel. It will probably go rounds, Wilder will come out very tentative and patient, maybe pawing with jabs, feints, he knows this is the toughest opponent he has ever faced and a huge opportunity. Stiverne will probably look relaxed, patient, waiting to counter.

Comment

Working...
                      X