Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring Performances Affected By External Drama Or Issues?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring Performances Affected By External Drama Or Issues?

What performances might have been affected by drama or issues that happened outside the ring during the lead up to the fight?

A few come to mind, but I'm sure there are literally thousands to choose from.

Floyd vs Cotto --- Mayweather knew he was going to jail after the fight.
    Khan vs Garcia --- Khan trained himself for most of the camp. Roach was in Philippines.
    Floyd vs Maidana --- Floyd's baby mama drama with the aborted twins?
    Khan vs Prescott --- New trainer for that fight only, and badly weight drained.
    Haye vs Klitschko --- Toe be or not toe be?

What other examples are there? Again, these are just issues that might have influenced the performance on fight night. Operative word being "might".

Rigo vs Donaire. Not saying Donaire would have won had he prepared properly, but it's common knowledge that he practically trained himself for the fight.

I disagree on Wlad vs Haye. Haye losing had more to do with his lack of offensive technique and having no plan B than his toe.

On a side note, please stop making excuses for Khan's past losses. No need for that. Be happy that he shut the haters up big time last weekend.

Comment

Corales mayweather, Chico just got out of jail.

Comment

I think Floyd was definitely affected from his Ms. Jackson drama.

Comment

You beat me to saying the last 5-7 Mayweather fights.

Comment

i hate that ****. if you choose to fight you choose to fight and should at the very least keep any potential distractions to yourself. its unfair to your opponent to put him in a lose lose situation where you already have an excuse in place if he wins.

problem is there are all these douche bag fans who just refuse to give fighters credit and wont allow a fighter to pull out for any reason without facing a barrage of insults. i remember when haiti was devastated right in the middle of bertos camp for mosley. with all the relatives of his who died or went missing and the all around suffering berto did a beautiful thing and went down there to help out, realizing it was more important than a fight. still ******s criticize him for it and even call him a coward which makes no sense at all, like he made a natural disaster that killed part of his family to get out of a fight he clearly wanted badly.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              i hate that ****. if you choose to fight you choose to fight and should at the very least keep any potential distractions to yourself. its unfair to your opponent to put him in a lose lose situation where you already have an excuse in place if he wins.

problem is there are all these douche bag fans who just refuse to give fighters credit and wont allow a fighter to pull out for any reason without facing a barrage of insults. i remember when haiti was devastated right in the middle of bertos camp for mosley. with all the relatives of his who died or went missing and the all around suffering berto did a beautiful thing and went down there to help out, realizing it was more important than a fight. still ******s criticize him for it and even call him a coward which makes no sense at all, like he made a natural disaster that killed part of his family to get out of a fight he clearly wanted badly.
              Really? I remember it as if the fans here absolutely understood Berto's situation.

Comment

pacquiao vs marquez 3 - fight broke out between ariza, jinkee & pacquiao in the hotel room minutes before the fight.

pacquiao vs cotto - pacquiao was training at baguio city when typhoon ondoy struck

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Really? I remember it as if the fans here absolutely understood Berto's situation.
                  +1. Berto gets a lot of crap these days, and much of it is deserved, but I don't recall anyone criticizing him for pulling out of that fight. I could be misremembering though.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    +1. Berto gets a lot of crap these days, and much of it is deserved, but I don't recall anyone criticizing him for pulling out of that fight. I could be misremembering though.
                    Yeah. I'm quite sure that people was giving him major credit for missing a payday to help his people and relatives in the disaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X