No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Adjusted, Dominated at The End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Maidana clearly won round 8 and 12. He won at least 4 of the first 5.

Do the math how many rounds is that?
    You sure Round 8 was a clear Maidana round?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Floyd didn't do enough. Round 12 he threw like 1 jab.
      You must have been too busy buttoning up your Pacquiao pyjamas to see the rest o' the round

Comment

Floyd didn't adjust, Maidana just gassed out
        but Floyd did control the latter portion of the fight
        Maidana outperformed expectations by far, but he still lost
        had he kept it going late he coulda gotten the decision
        but Floyd did what he had to do late and earned that win
        don't see how he really did anything different late, but he did win it

Comment

Originally posted by money4100 View Post
          No, just no. Draw would not be fair. Even if you gave all the close rounds to Maidana it's still 115 113 Mayweather and really that is being generous to el Chino.
          Maidana, clearly the harder puncher, outlanded Floyd in 6 rounds and landed more power punches than he did in 7 rounds. If your definition of winning a round is like Max Kellerman's--who would you have rather been in that round--there is objective evidence in the numbers I just provided to support the notion that Maidana won 7 of the 12 rounds. At the end of the fight, Floyd looked like the beat up fighter (even ignoring the cut) and not Maidana.

I had Floyd winning 7 to 5, but some of those rounds were razor close and I have no problem with a 7 to 5 Maidana score. 8-4 Maidana or 8-4 Floyd is too much and 9-3 either way is ridiculous. Pretty much every boxing writer worth his salt had it between 115-113 Floyd and 115-113 Maidana. Even Paulie Malignaggi, a scorer that always favors the boxer (surprise, surprise) had the fight 115-114 Floyd. If he scored the fight that way from ringside (which he did), your whole argument goes up in smoke. Paulie is biased for pure boxers, which he has shown time and again, and yet he still had it closer than you say is possible.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...idana-compubox

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            Floyd didn't adjust, Maidana just gassed out
            but Floyd did control the latter portion of the fight
            Maidana outperformed expectations by far, but he still lost
            had he kept it going late he coulda gotten the decision
            but Floyd did what he had to do late and earned that win
            don't see how he really did anything different late, but he did win it
            I agree with this take on the fight. I had floyd winning 7-5. I think he won not because he did any adjusting, he really didn't. He won because Maidana ran out of gas. Really a head scratcher to me how Floyd kept finding himself against the ropes, even late in the fight. Maidana is not very good at cutting off the ring, yet Floyd would fail to get off and Maidana would push him into the ropes.

Comment

Floyd did win the last 6 rounds, but didn't dominate any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                You sure Round 8 was a clear Maidana round?

That was probably the weakest YouTube video I've ever seen where's the video of Floyd getting mauled in nearly every round?

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                You must have been too busy buttoning up your Pacquiao pyjamas to see the rest o' the round
                114-114. TBE went life and death with Madonna and couldn't squeak a decision. Senior and Rodgers comments in the past few days indicate they know Floyd didn't win

Comment

I had the fight 116-112 Mayweather,it was a relatively easy fight too score,I don't see in where lies the controversy.I think had Maidana not raised his hand at the end of the fight and Floyd not been such a controversial figure in the sport,there wouldn't have been any objections to the scorecards.Maidana for the most part was content in whaling away like an angry lumber jack with clubbing inaccurate shots to the back and top of the head.I can't really blame him as it worked to befuddle at least one judge into giving him a draw and in the past that strategy has worked for example ODLH against Pernell,but lucky two of the other judges scored actually effective punches landed.

Comment

Floyd won the fight and it really wasn't even close in terms of scoring. It was a competitive fight in terms of Chino made things uncomfortable for Floyd. And in terms of Floyd didn't outclassed him. But based on scoring a boxing match properly, giving Chino four rounds is probably being generous.

Comment

canelo will never be half the man maidana is. maidana is a true latino hero like duran was.

Comment

Working...
                      X