No announcement yet.

Alexander Povetkin vs. Manuel Charr Round-by-Round & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Gave Silgado that round, landed some nice shots. Not a lot in the rounds I have seen actually
    Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    He was 20lbs over the limit & took it on a few days notice so was probably out of shape. Still, he could of let his hands go a bit more.
    When he did in the middle rounds he landed some nice shots. Just seemed to fall to sleep after but I am happy Rakhim got another 12 rounds in the bag.
    Great opponent he actually gave Rakhim a good fight,which I wasn't expecting at such short notice.he faded badly in the last three,not that the fight was in danger anyway !

Rakhim really needs to work on that jab,im not sure he neglected it as he didnt actually need it or he was just looking to flatten the poor hombre from the get go,I missed the first round and the screen froze on me during fifth.

Twelve solid rounds aginst a solid awkward opponent is another huge step in the right direction,lets hope he can arrange another fight against the Ghanaian if Wlodarczyk is to face Flores and/or Tarver.I would really like to see Rakhim against Drozd at some point if the Diablo match can't be made for either of the Russians.

Comment

Wow,Povetkin looked ultra sharp,slick and conditioned.his punch volume and variety was frightening,I didn't think he was gassing as is mentioned before here.

The punch volume clearly took its toll on Manuel and you could see clearly he was struggling in the penultimate round,leaning gripping etc

I lost a lot of respect for Povetkin after the Huck performance but he clearly has that fire back.I actaully thought he would be less focused than ever,after his multi million pound windfall from the WBA title fight last year.

Does anybody know how much Sacsha and Manuel both earns each for this fight ?i suspect Charr was paid handsomely and a career high to take his high WBC ranking to Moscow and put it on the line,clearly the motivating factor behind Ryabinsky bank rolling this match up and WBC sanctioning.

On this performance Stiverne and Wilder will be blown away by Sacsha.I wonder can a Povetkin vs Stiverne match be made as an optional defence before the mandatory defences for Stiverne.King talked about an optional defence.

David Haye being mentioned here lol,last time Povetkin vs Haye was to be enforced Haye decided he wanted to face Klitschko after all,whilst he still had a belt.what does this tell you ? Haye will never fight Povetkin.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          It would certainly be a compelling fight. Povetkin is the more skilled fight, that is for sure.
          Ive always thought povetkin would be bad for haye. hes more agressive and tougher than haye. I just think hed out work haye. haye would obviously have a good punchers chance tho

Comment

Flores against Wlodarczyk, really ?

Comment

I really expected Charr to do better, but I guess I overrated him.

Comment

That's the real Povetkin.

Comment

Good performance, and good matchmaking, against an uninspiring and lazy opponent. Charr did absolutely nothing but impersonate a heavy bag; that was ****in pathetic.

As for Povetkin, he looked reinvigorated, cagey and aggressive as ever as he mixed up his awesome combo punching.

Good win for him against a tailormade opponent to get back into the mix. There are a lot if good fights for Povetkin against anyone not named Klitschko

Comment

Here goes Charr's chance at upgrading from the Silver to the full WBC International title.

Comment

Was only able to see the KO, but Charr should've been given a chance to get up
                      Even Manny was given a longer count in his KO

Comment

Working...
                      X