No announcement yet.

This is the guy that take the zero from FMJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong...........

I disagree. All you have to be in order to defeat Floyd, is another great fighter. He has weaknesses as well. He is susceptible to a good jab, he gives you his body, and his work rate WILL NOT be enough against another great fighter. The amateurish move he does with his hands to his side, gets him popped with jabs at time, ala Cotto, De La Hoya, and now Maidana. He is a lateral mover and doesn't have the best legs. He'd rather duck and rely on his reflexes, then move all of the way out of the way of incoming fire. If you have a good jab, good workrate, punch from angles, have quick feet, apply effective aggression, not reckless aggression, and a good ring IQ, you can win a fight against Floyd. Saturday night showed us all that he is a level below the AGT's. Maidana shouldn't have been able to touch him if Floyd had legs. Not to compare BUT Floyd should've been able to do to Maidana what Manny did to Rios. They are similar styled fighters. Now Manny's win over Rios looks more impressive, ey?

Comment

Floyd would have never fought Williams. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        I disagree. All you have to be in order to defeat Floyd, is another great fighter. He has weaknesses as well. He is susceptible to a good jab, he gives you his body, and his work rate WILL NOT be enough against another great fighter. The amateurish move he does with his hands to his side, gets him popped with jabs at time, ala Cotto, De La Hoya, and now Maidana. He is a lateral mover and doesn't have the best legs. He'd rather duck and rely on his reflexes, then move all of the way out of the way of incoming fire. If you have a good jab, good workrate, punch from angles, have quick feet, apply effective aggression, not reckless aggression, and a good ring IQ, you can win a fight against Floyd. Saturday night showed us all that he is a level below the AGT's. Maidana shouldn't have been able to touch him if Floyd had legs. Not to compare BUT Floyd should've been able to do to Maidana what Manny did to Rios. They are similar styled fighters. Now Manny's win over Rios looks more impressive, ey?
        floyd at 37 won a tough fight. SRL at 35 lost to Camacho and Kevin Howard. DO those losses make him any less? what about ALi to spinks, I guess ali ain't **** because of that loss or the others late in his career..

why am I wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
          Do you realize that Floyd Mayweather is past his prime and is 37 years old. Think about it for a bit, how many ATG's were still the P4P #1 fighters in the sport at that age? Also, anybody who knows a tiny bit of boxing knows that Madiana is a superior fighter compared to Rios. Floyd fights really bring the ******s out apparently.

Comment

No excuses...........

No excuses, right? Floyd is supposed to be TBE, right? Let's hold him to the standard he holds himself to. I call things for what they are, not what I want them to be. He struggled against a C Level fighter, PERIOD. If Manny does it, I'll say it's time to hang'em up. ******ed? Hahaha. check my track record man. Does it sound like I have a problem expressing what I want to say? I didn't think so. Keep the name-calling to yourself if it's not warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              He was comprehensively schooled by Carlos Quintana. A midget. Then KO'd by a single punch from Martinez that he was too stupid to see Martinez landing on him at will for 5 minutes prior to it rendering him unconscious. Then dominated by Lara.

He routinely gave up his (sizable) physical advantages so that he could brawl with guys half his size. He fought like a ******. Again - The Martinez KO is a perfect example of that. Instead of staying on the outside and fighting smart he decides to brawl with a smaller man and ended up unconscious for it.

And from what I recall, the Margarito fight was fairly close. Not discrediting the win, but it wasn't a blowout or domination by any stretch of the imagination.

He was overrated as **** when he was fighting and even more so now that people feel sorry for him because he's paralyzed.

Same thing with Valero only even MORE overrated because he's dead.
              fck subtlety indeed. agree on all points

Comment

Originally posted by 46 and 0 Doe View Post
                Mayweather is too accurate to ever lose a decision at this stage. He piles up wayyyyyyy too many points throught out the fight. Crosses, hooks, jabs to the belly, uppercuts those CLEAN flush punches count chino fans.
                at this point, he's a one punch at a time, counterpuncher, who's too defensive minded to throw combinations, for fear of getting caught big...relies too much on pre-fight negotiations to gain absurd advantages on opponents who honestly, he should beat straight up on paper...

if you are a unbiased mayweather fan, you gotta be concerned with this last fight...this wasn't like the cotto fight...floyd was missing often, looked distracted, and hung on the ropes and let a puncher bang on him for way too many rounds...just didn't look as hungry as in past fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  What 0?? Floyd's 43-3.
                  42 and 4 if you count the Judah DQ but ole Joe wasn't going to DQ his Hot Tub Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Do you realize that Floyd Mayweather is past his prime and is 37 years old. Think about it for a bit, how many ATG's were still the P4P #1 fighters in the sport at that age? Also, anybody who knows a tiny bit of boxing knows that Madiana is a superior fighter compared to Rios. Floyd fights really bring the ******s out apparently.
                    All the all time greats of the past could look good at 37 if they are on HGH and Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Another side Effect of added testosterone is the ability to produce twins or triplets which don't run in the Mayweather family but Miss Jackson looked how ugly the Mayweathers are and aborted the 2 ugly kids

Comment

Maidana already beat him lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X