No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Mayweather vs Maidana...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berry Picker View Post
    Floyd was not able to fight his usual pot shot fight because Marcos was in his grill all night long. Marcos dictated the pace of the fight and controlled the majority of the action. To say otherwise is just lying to yourself. The clean punching is evident from the body work and from floyds face, unless of course, you can show me another fight where Floyd was marked up like that.
    Like I said, I give credit to Maidana for closing the distance a lot better than I thought he would but ****, so did Ricky Hatton. This fight actually reminded me of the Hatton fight except Maidana was facing a much older and less sharp version of Floyd.

Hatton had some success early with his mauling and pressure but the theme remains that he didn't land all that much clean either and smothered a lot of his own work up close - just like Maidana did.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Like I said, I give credit to Maidana for closing the distance a lot better than I thought he would but ****, so did Ricky Hatton. This fight actually reminded me of the Hatton fight except Maidana was facing a much older and less sharp version of Floyd.

Hatton had some success early with his mauling and pressure but the theme remains that he didn't land all that much clean either and smothered a lot of his own work up close - just like Maidana did.
      what 's going on with you dirk? i mean your being objective? is that possibble?

Comment

115-113 Mayweather

Comment

Maidana landed more punches on Floyd than any other opponent, Hatton didn't even land 100 LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            It was indeed a very close fight but after rewatching it 4 times, I had Maidana winning by 3 rounds clearly. The activity of Maidana was a big key in his win last night.
            Yeah right.
            Floyd 8-4

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
              what 's going on with you dirk? i mean your being objective? is that possibble?
              I'm always objective. It's only because I'm speaking about Mayweather in a somewhat positive light that you take notice and give me credit for it because you are probably not very objective yourself. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by StayObjective View Post
                Maidana landed more punches on Floyd than any other opponent, Hatton didn't even land 100 LOL.
                According to what? I thought Cotto landed more clean shots on Floyd tbh. Castillo certainly did.

Like I said, Hatton fought a younger, sharper, prime Floyd whose counters were crisper and who threw combos which eventually finished Ricky in 10. Last night, Floyd's timing looked off to me.

It was a similar style fight though and I didn't think Maidana had the footspeed to cut the distance as well as Hatton did. Although Floyd does not have the legs he had against Hatton either.

Comment

According to what? I thought Cotto landed more clean shots on Floyd tbh. Castillo certainly did.

Like I said, Hatton fought a younger, sharper, prime Floyd whose counters were crisper and who threw combos which eventually finished Ricky in 10. Last night, Floyd's timing looked off to me.

It was a similar style fight though and I didn't think Maidana had the footspeed to cut the distance as well as Hatton did. Although Floyd does not have the legs he had against Hatton either.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2014/5/4/...an-anyone-ever

Comment

I don't pay too much attention to "punchstats". It's like using wikepedia as your main source for a thesis.

Comment

I had Maidana winning rounds 1,3,4,6 and 12. Floyd 2,5,7,9,10 and 11. With the 8th at 10-10 giving Floyd the win at 115-114. You could possibly swing the 8th round for Marcos depending on how you saw it making it a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X