Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In what round would Gennady Golovkin KO Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2014
    Gennady isn't afraid to fight a bigger man at 168.

Why won't Floyd fight Gennady at 154, the division where Floyd is supposed to be "linear, ring and unified champ" ?

Gennady offered to MOVE DOWN to fight Floyd, since no way Floyd would be brave like Duran and fight him at 160.
    man you're an idiot... Floyd has already gone up several weights since the start of his career and with his frame his natural strength is maxed out at the weights he's been fighting at lately heck even Maidana can just brush off his punches because Floyd is a naturally lighter guy just blown up ..

When Golovkin is 37 I doubt he'd be fighting at light heavyweight because thats just a step too far and he'd be far too blown up..

Comment

Floyd isn't honest about his weight between fights, it's likely to also be in the 160s.
      100% opinion. You have no idea what he walks around at. Dude is small.

Comment

Golovkin fought at light welterweight in the amateurs, and won a gold medal in that weight division at Budapest in 2000.

Golovkin is 5:10" while Floyd is 5'8" (not much difference)

But Golovkin has shorter arms at 23" to Floyd's 26"

And GGG has a shorter wingspan with a 70" reach to Floyd's 72" reach.

Golovkin walks around in the mid-160s, he's always in shape. Floyd isn't honest about his weight between fights, it's likely to also be in the 160s.

Not much size difference.

measurements have nothing to do with weight....
        Tyson was 5'11 with what a 76" reach.. ?
        Tommy Hearns has an 80" reach and was 6"1 or so.. I guess if they were both active today you'd be demanding that fight too huh because Tommy is the "bigger" man

Comment

Like Floyd fighting all those smaller guys like Juan Manuel Marquez?
          Most of the time Floyd is often the smaller guy in the ring. I've never seen GGG fight guys his own size. A bigger guy is out of the question.

Comment

Golovkin fought at light welterweight in the amateurs, and won a gold medal in that weight division at Budapest in 2000.

Golovkin is 5:10" while Floyd is 5'8" (not much difference)

But Golovkin has shorter arms at 23" to Floyd's 26"

And GGG has a shorter wingspan with a 70" reach to Floyd's 72" reach.

Golovkin walks around in the mid-160s, he's always in shape. Floyd isn't honest about his weight between fights, it's likely to also be in the 160s.

Not much size difference.
            What weight has Golovkin fought at since he turned pro 8 years ago???

Comment

If Floyd boxes and stays in the middle of the ring he beats GGG easily.
              But if he goes to the ropes to try and fight a fan friendly fight ......GGG would be tough

Comment

Whatever round he chooses.

What's the point of this question though? Golovkin is a Middleweight, Floyd won't even fight the best in his own weight classes and when I say 'Own Weight classes' and think of Light-Middle - I piss my sides. Infact, even Welter is becoming embarrassing for Mayweather now. "Belts only collect dust"

All Hail TBE!

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  Golovkin is a small middleweight, there's not much difference in size between he and Mayweather.

Roberto Duran, who was shorter and had less reach than Floyd, moved up to middleweight and defeated Iran Barkley, who was bigger than Golovkin.

But Floyd isn't as good as Duran, and would be KOed by Gennady.

What round would the KO happen?
                  Considering Floyd started at 130 and is naturally about 25 pounds lighter than GGG and is 3 inches shorter, I would say this is a crap thread.

Comment

Freedom does this from time to time. He is sensible sensible sensible and then.............the irrationality comes out. It's Floyd derangement syndrome. Same thing happens to my friend Weebler.

Comment

Speaking of sensible, I wonder what they think of Larry? Guy doesn't seem too well after Floyd went life and death with an 18-1 underdog.

Comment

Working...
                      X