No announcement yet.

If it smells like fish...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it smells like fish...

It's a Ref that was paid off! I know everybody is excited about the Mayweather/Chino fight but did anybody notice the ref in the Khan/Collazo fight. Khan kept pooling Collazo's head down and leaning on him and all the Ref would say is stop stop stop he started to sound like a broken tape recorder. Then when Collazo lands a good punch that hurts Khan, Khan holds and it was one of the only good holds I thought from Khan up until that point, because he didn't pull his head down and lean on him, and the Ref decides to stop the action for a meaningless point deduction!

I know Khan can beat Collazo any day, and he would give Floyd trouble but I call bull**** on that Ref.

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
    It's a Ref that was paid off! I know everybody is excited about the Mayweather/Chino fight but did anybody notice the ref in the Khan/Collazo fight. Khan kept pooling Collazo's head down and leaning on him and all the Ref would say is stop stop stop he started to sound like a broken tape recorder. Then when Collazo lands a good punch that hurts Khan, Khan holds and it was one of the only good holds I thought from Khan up until that point, because he didn't pull his head down and lean on him, and the Ref decides to stop the action for a meaningless point deduction!

I know Khan can beat Collazo any day, and he would give Floyd trouble but I call bull**** on that Ref.
    It was disgusting the amount of fouling that Khan was allowed to get away with. Elbows behind the head, headlocks, pushing, holding the arm, etc. When Collazo complained to the ref about holding(as Khan has his arm completely locked up) the ref told him to "quit his crying". What kind of schit is that?

Comment

I think the ref was annoyed by Collazo whining all night.

Comment

That point deduction helped Khan more then it hurt him. It was the only point in the fight where I saw Colazo getting close to putting severe damage on Khan.
        Khan looked hurt but was allowed to recoup for 20 seconds and got a meaningless point removed in a lopsided fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I think the ref was annoyed by Collazo whining all night.
          Khan used Wlad tactics and got away with it. Had the ref done his job correctly Collazo wouldn't have whined.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            It was disgusting the amount of fouling that Khan was allowed to get away with. Elbows behind the head, headlocks, pushing, holding the arm, etc. When Collazo complained to the ref about holding(as Khan has his arm completely locked up) the ref told him to "quit his crying". What kind of schit is that?
            I have to watch the fight again. That's pretty messed up. I didn't hear that but it was clear to me there was some funny officiating going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
              That point deduction helped Khan more then it hurt him. It was the only point in the fight where I saw Colazo getting close to putting severe damage on Khan.
              Khan looked hurt but was allowed to recoup for 20 seconds and got a meaningless point removed in a lopsided fight.
              I was hoping I wasn't the only one who noticed.

Comment

I have to watch the fight again. That's pretty messed up. I didn't hear that but it was clear to me there was some funny officiating going on.
                Yeah, the Showtime crew commented about it. Bernstein was like "the ref just told Collazo to quit his crying" and Malignaggi went on to say something about the illegal elbows behind the head.

Comment

All the refs were horrible yesterday

Comment

Khan has always fought like that. It's smart.

Comment

Working...
                    X