No announcement yet.

Floyd Going back to Uncle Roger after inferior performance with Chino

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorgeousJorge View Post
    Yes. 70% accuracy and only landed 10 more punches against a bum like Maidana. Percentages, like Floyd are highly overrated in boxing.

Let's face reality. Floyd has declined significantly. He had trouble with a bum like Maidana. Heck, Floyd never even been KO'd and he looked worse against Maidana than a diminished Pacquiao did against an elite like Bradley.
    Bradley's elite? Name one thing about his fight game that's elite? He's undersized and can't punch. He wins fights with his grit and his head. Maidana at least brings size and power to the table. Bradley is an overachiever and I give him a lot of credit for that. But he's not elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
      You can't answer a simple question? In 04 Floyd was already a 3 division champion. Two time linear champion. Margarito hadn't done a damn thing. In fact he was stopped by Daniel Santos who was literally driving a cab during training camp.
      Yes, and in 2010, Floyd went on record saying that him avoiding Margarito was justified because he knew something was weird about him.

Of course, Floyd said all of this only after Nazim busted Margarito for plaster.

Whatever the case, Maidana is about the same level as Margarito. We all know this and we saw what caliber Floyd might really be at after tonight. Perhaps there is more to Floyd needing the "jerk persona" to sell a fight because he might really be just a con artist making millions off of gullible admirers and haters

Comment

Actually, I disagree.

Guys like Pacquiao and Margarito were able to sustain their pressure throughout 12 rounds. Coincidentally, there are debates that Floyd ducked them.

Tonight after Floyd's inferior performance against Maidana, the arguments that Floyd ducked certain relentless pressure fighters with stamina has much merit
        Lets face it Pac was on gear & as soon as all the testing scenario came up he started to gas.

Maidanas fighting with all the punches he throws & rough house tactics isn't built to go 12 rounds, so its like comparing apples to oranges.

He ALWAYS gets gassed in fights, rewatch his fights. Even v Broner he did.....

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          Cotto landed more effective punches than Maidana.

Floyd's cut was due to an accidental headbutt. Whereas, whereas with Cotto it was due to a punch.
          sorry man, i like you as a poster usually, but this post is downright blatant lieing to oneself

Comment

Originally posted by Curtiz View Post
            Lets face it Pac was on gear & as soon as all the testing scenario came up he started to gas.

Maidanas fighting with all the punches he throws & rough house tactics isn't built to go 12 rounds, so its like comparing apples to oranges.

He ALWAYS gets gassed in fights, rewatch his fights. Even v Broner he did.....
            I don't recall Pacquiao gassing in his last two fights. Vs Rios he kept the pressure for all 12 rounds, and against Bradley he was able to Keep up his pace for the entire fight.

And yes, Maidana doesn't have a lot of stamina. Makes me realize even more that Floyd might really be just a corporate hype machine with catchy tag lines created to make himself and his investors wealthy

Comment

Yes, and in 2010, Floyd went on record saying that him avoiding Margarito was justified because he knew something was weird about him.

Of course, Floyd said all of this only after Nazim busted Margarito for plaster.

Whatever the case, Maidana is about the same level as Margarito. We all know this and we saw what caliber Floyd might really be at after tonight. Perhaps there is more to Floyd needing the "jerk persona" to sell a fight because he might really be just a con artist making millions off of gullible admirers and haters
              The problem is guys like you catch feelings when it comes to Floyd. You can't just make it about the boxing. This isn't college football. One fight can't discredit an 18 year career. Floyd beat Maidana fighting mostly Maidanas fight. He did what he had to do.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                sorry man, i like you as a poster usually, but this post is downright blatant lieing to oneself
                Cotto did alot better than maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  The problem is guys like you catch feelings when it comes to Floyd. You can't just make it about the boxing. This isn't college football. One fight can't discredit an 18 year career. Floyd beat Maidana fighting mostly Maidanas fight. He did what he had to do.
                  The only feelings I have is that I saw Floyd look like crap against a bum like Maidana. And everything I saw was based on solely looking at boxing as a sport.

Sorry, but you can't tell me Floyd is "TBE" or whatever based on that god awful performance against an opponent Vegas odds had as at least a 12-1 underdog.

Comment

I don't recall Pacquiao gassing in his last two fights. Vs Rios he kept the pressure for all 12 rounds, and against Bradley he was able to Keep up his pace for the entire fight.

And yes, Maidana doesn't have a lot of stamina. Makes me realize even more that Floyd might really be just a corporate hype machine with catchy tag lines created to make himself and his investors wealthy
                    Watch pac v margarito / cotto

Watch him v rios and tell me the intensity is the same all 12 rounds.

Floyd must be a brilliant hype job because he won this fight 8-4 easily after round 6.

Bend at the waist to avoid the wild rights, keep a firm guard to the right to stop wild punches.

Had him figured out.

Comment

The only feelings I have is that I saw Floyd look like crap against a bum like Maidana. And everything I saw was based on solely looking at boxing as a sport.

Sorry, but you can't tell me Floyd is "TBE" or whatever based on that god awful performance against an opponent Vegas odds had as at least a 12-1 underdog.
                      I never said Floyd was TBE. If he wants to call himself that to keep him motivated more power to him. It's his career. He's the one in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X