Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Team Maidana's penalty for trying to pull a Resto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    So we're talking about the "commission" again?

Is this the same commission that let Manny get knocked unconscious only for you guys to start demanding PED testing that's more stringent than the one give by the "commission"?

If you don't like the rules of the sport don't play it.

It really is that simple.

Compared to what fighters wore 50-80 years ago, even these gloves are pillows.

If I had my way, I would make it 6oz gloves for 147lbs and under and 8oz gloves for everything over, and I would have a maximum size glove.

The sport needs exciting fights, knockouts and attacking entertaining fights. Big pillow gloves are not the way to go.

Comment

• Anyone find me the official line of the commission on why one pair off gloves were not sanctioned.

Comment

• Excuse my ignorance on this matter. Can somebody clarify who brings the gloves to the table? Are they provided by the commission or by the fighters camp? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          If there was no padding in the gloves, and Floyd simply noticed, what's the problem???

Clearly everything was handled and the fight is on. Stop the excuses. If there was no padding in the glove, how can anyone justify hating on Floyd for bringing it up?
          Anyone with sense or no bias against Floyd can see that the right decision was made since the commission agreed but why should Maidana be fined as the ts says in his op.The **** up is probably with Everlast

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
            Excuse my ignorance on this matter. Can somebody clarify who brings the gloves to the table? Are they provided by the commission or by the fighters camp? Thanks.
            Apparently each camp brings a selection of gloves that they view as fitting the rules (and the contract stipulations?), and the commission gives them the yea or nay with both camps present. Hence the drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              Anyone with sense or no bias against Floyd can see that the right decision was made since the commission agreed but why should Maidana be fined as the ts says in his op.The **** up is probably with Everlast
              Floyd is also complaining about gloves approved by the commission.

What is that dudes problem.

Just trying to hype the fight up IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
                Excuse my ignorance on this matter. Can somebody clarify who brings the gloves to the table? Are they provided by the commission or by the fighters camp? Thanks.
                The Everlast rep said the gloves were sent to Golden Boy first and then Golden Boy brought them before the commission when the two camps were present. Maidana nor his trainer Robert Garcia didn't get to see the gloves until the inspection when Ellerbe called attention to them

Comment

• I didn't see what they were talking about, but I do know that gloves can be the proper weight, but have the padding pushed away from the knuckles. Usually cause they've been warn before and or worked with. the fact he didn't like the second choice has me concerned.
                  I doubt it was significant, but it does give you an idea that Mayweather is thrown off for some reason. You know those times when your trunks fit tighter than they did yesterday. Gloves don't fit right today but did yesterday. Your eye lashes are crossed and you can't uncross them. All these things can be very distracting to a person that isn't in the right mindset. Maybe its just a bunch of crap to get people to bet and for vegas to make more money.

Comment

• From what I can see is the Blue gloves looked at Soft soft as a pillow, you could even see Mayweathers knuckles from the glove.

Since when can you see someones knuckles through a boxing glove?

I'll tell you when..1898 when Jack Johnson used the.

Comment

• Originally posted by MGMGRAND View Post
                      From what I can see is the Blue gloves looked at Soft soft as a pillow, you could even see Mayweathers knuckles from the glove.

Since when can you see someones knuckles through a boxing glove?

I'll tell you when..1898 when Jack Johnson used the.
                      Boxer from that era were certainly much tougher.

Maidana is a throwback fighter.

Nothing in the rules saying he couldn't use those gloves.

Luckily for Floyd the commission is in his pocket.

Comment

Working...
                      X