No announcement yet.

Bob Arum have been a roadblock since 2009

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
    Yeah I see that they have a squalid feeling for facts.

Mayweather already mentioned before the JMM fight what it was and everyone plays dumb.. Understood.
    Maybe people are tired of discussing this **** ad nauseam! I really hope so. You act like you presented some new material from a fight that should of happened 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme75 View Post
      Maybe people are tired of discussing this **** ad nauseam! I really hope so. You act like you presented some new material from a fight that should of happened 5 years ago.
      No. I'm tired of people saying Bob Arum was a new excuse thrown out there when Mayweather haven't worked with Arum since 2006.

Also people are still very ignorant on Pacquiao's contracts and how it's a travesty.

Comment

Ok great, so what do you want? As I said, you are still not presenting anything new. Every single aspect of this fight not happening (on both sides) has been discussed over and over again. Let it go man, it ain't happening.

Comment

Nice Morris Day and the Time Signature.

I'm not from the 80s but I think their music is very underrated.
          Underrated cut from Morris Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1o-os-TMs

Comment

Start at 0:35..

Mayweather back in 2009 already broke it down and people are still blind.

He breaks it down how Bob Arum tries to keep the money in-house. (Rematches, doesn't deal with other promoters unless he gets the bigger cut)

Miguel Cotto is trying to venture out on his own and Bob Arum is upset about that. (Ensuring a loss will come on his way out)

Bob Arum takes in 27% of Pacquiao's guarantee and other financial earnings.

He tried to make the fight but Bob Arum told him 50/50 or nothing, and he disagrees due to Bob Arum owing him money.

I thought these was new roadblocks? I though Arum work with other promoters? So who's actually been coming up with new excuses and roadblocks??

Don't gbp/mayweather do the same thing??

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme75 View Post
              Ok great, so what do you want? As I said, you are still not presenting anything new. Every single aspect of this fight not happening (on both sides) has been discussed over and over again. Let it go man, it ain't happening.
              Did I say anything about it happening?

I was speaking more on how the ignorance in this forum is entirely not an excuse. The OP is to provide the people in this forum how stupid it is to say Bob Arum is a new excuse, Floyd and him was able to work together before and they have no records of working together since the Zab Judah fight back in 06.

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
              Don't gbp/mayweather do the same thing??
              This is how I look at it. Absolutely not, Pacquiao had a chance to actually pursue the fight and take a chance like those who was under Top Rank before him (Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather, and Oscar De La Hoya).

Floyd Mayweather brought out his contract and didn't even have an agreement with Oscar De La Hoya or any promotional firm, and took a chance with his career. He was able to do ok numbers with Baldomir and got himself a fighter with De La Hoya. Bob Arum prevented him from making such moves and he had to take risks to make it happen. How come Pacquiao gets a pass?

How come every fighter Mayweather supposedly ducking is underneath Top Rank and was irrelevant until they were attached to Mayweather's name?

It's kind of obvious now guys..

Comment

This is how I look at it. Absolutely not, Pacquiao had a chance to actually pursue the fight and take a chance like those who was under Top Rank before him (Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather, and Oscar De La Hoya).

Floyd Mayweather brought out his contract and didn't even have an agreement with Oscar De La Hoya or any promotional firm, and took a chance with his career. He was able to do ok numbers with Baldomir and got himself a fighter with De La Hoya. Bob Arum prevented him from making such moves and he had to take risks to make it happen. How come Pacquiao gets a pass?

How come every fighter Mayweather supposedly ducking is underneath Top Rank and was irrelevant until they were attached to Mayweather's name?

It's kind of obvious now guys..
                Yes and no. It's really like beating a dead horse at this point though.

But, as long as mayweather keeps winning, it's gonna weigh more on his shoulders cause he's in the drivers seat...

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                  Yes and no. It's really like beating a dead horse at this point though.

But, as long as mayweather keeps winning, it's gonna weigh more on his shoulders cause he's in the drivers seat...
                  I don't care whether this fight is made or not, Pacquiao is not much of a resume builder at this point.

This thread is primarily here to showcase that everything Mayweather is saying now, he's been saying 5 years ago. So that means there's only been one side that have been dancing around this issue. Also both fighters are not on the same equal footing which needs to be established.

Right now Pacquiao is in the driver seat, he has a chance to not extend his contract with Top Rank, he can wait out how the boxing political landscape develop, keep himself as a free lancer. He has a name so he should be managing himself at this point. Mayweather made that clear with everyone that fight him, that he only does business with the fighter or promoter not associated with Arum's benefit.

Comment

Working...
                  X