No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana Says Retirement Thoughts Were Legit After Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana Says Retirement Thoughts Were Legit After Loss

LAS VEGAS --- Marcos Maidana is riding a four-fight winning streak heading into the biggest fight of his life against Floyd Mayweather on Saturday night at the MGM Grand on Showtime PPV, but two short years ago he was on the verge of hanging up the gloves at the age of 29.

He had just suffered a one-sided loss to Devon Alexander in 2012. It was his second loss in four fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He should've......

He should've retired after being outboxed by Alexander. Smh. Morales's eye closed in the first round against MM BUT look at what he did after. He outsmarted MM and had him hurt a few times along the way. Broner managed to go all 12 rounds against MM when MM was much bigger and supposedly much stronger as well. He should've Ko'ed Broner, right? We all know what this fight is. This fight was designed to make Floyd look great, PERIOD. MM cannot think with Floyd, therefore he should get stopped. I think Floyd is over-rated and will not stop him because he has no BALLS. I want everyone to hold Floyd to this TBE name he's taken on and criticize him if he doesn't stop MM.
    Last edited by GOD-FR33; 05-01-2014, 09:01 AM. Reason: Words.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      He should've retired after being outboxed by Alexander.
      Yeah, just go ahead and tell yourself that.

If he'd have retired after the Alexander fight, we'd never have had FOTY candidates like Maidana vs Soto Karass and Lopez. And the Broner fight was hugely entertaining.

Comment

He should've retired after being outboxed by Alexander. Smh. Morales's eye closed in the first round against MM BUT look at what he did after. He outsmarted MM and had him hurt a few times along the way. Broner managed to go all 12 rounds against MM when MM was much bigger and supposedly much stronger as well. He should've Ko'ed Broner, right? We all know what this fight is. This fight was designed to make Floyd look great, PERIOD. MM cannot think with Floyd, therefore he should get stopped. I think Floyd is over-rated and will not stop him because he has no BALLS. I want everyone to hold Floyd to this TBE name he's taken on and criticize him if he doesn't stop MM.
        1) The Morales fight was before the Alexander fight.
        2) He should've Ko'ed Broner? Broner was a hot favourite in that fight and Maidana beat him up for most of the 12 rounds despite that.

It wouldn't hurt you that much to give him any credit whatsoever, would it?

Comment

No.......

MM is a likable guy. He lacks skill and the ability to set up his shots but he always comes to fight and Saturday will be no different. The only chance he has, is if Floyd is old. It's not about a puncher's chance because if those fighters I mentioned can take his shots, so can Floyd. MM needs for Floyd's reflexes to be a little slower and he needs to outwork Floyd. That's the only way he can win. A combination of Floyd reflexes slowing and MM outworking Floyd on the cards.
          Last edited by GOD-FR33; 05-01-2014, 09:27 AM. Reason: words.....

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

If he'd have retired after the Alexander fight, we'd never have had FOTY candidates like Maidana vs Soto Karass and Lopez. And the Broner fight was hugely entertaining.
            I love that Soto-Karass fight! Maidaina earned my respect by KO. That's a tough dude! Soto-Karass vs. Provodnikov would be awesome!

Comment

it's always nice seeing guys rebound like marcos has and never giving up. the same goes with pacquiao. everyone was calling for him to retire after getting KO'ed unconscious by marquez, but pac never gave up on himself and went on to win back the WBO welterweight belt and legitimize himself again.

moral of the story is to never give up on yourself because a better chapter of your life is always waiting to be written.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

Yeah but fanboys don't care about actual boxing fights.

They only care about the select few fighters they fawn over on the internet.

Forget about entertaining fights.

Those don't matter to fanboys. They don't watch boxing for entertainment.

Comment

Guess he's retiring

Comment

Erik "El Terrible" Morales is an ATG, and that fight was 3 years ago. It was supposed to be a warm-up fight in Morales' comeback. Chino still won and has improved since then. Broner had never even been down before Maidana dropped him twice, and he suffered his first defeat at the hands of this man! Now Maidana gets to fight the biggest fight of his life, which will further propel his career and make him a lot of money. But you say he should have retired after losing to Alexander?? So let me see, umm... yeah, you're trippin'!

Comment

Working...
                    X