No announcement yet.

Chavez unwilling to sign extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    Why would Arum pay him 3 million or whatever outragous amount he wants if he can walk away afterwards? I think i remember reading he wanted 7 million or something insane like that.
    So he can make a big fight and event and make money off of it??? That should be obvious.

Holding big fights hostage because a boxer doesn't want to sign an extension is bad for everyone but Arum. Their is no defending this.

Comment

Why would Arum pay him 3 million or whatever outragous amount he wants if he can walk away afterwards? I think i remember reading he wanted 7 million or something insane like that.
      According to whytetiie arum can't stop the fight from happening. I don't see how that's possible

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        According to whytetiie arum can't stop the fight from happening. I don't see how that's possible
        Well i hope thats the case all i care about is the fight.

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
        So he can make a big fight and event and make money off of it??? That should be obvious.

Holding big fights hostage because a boxer doesn't want to sign an extension is bad for everyone but Arum. Their is no defending this.
        Would a Golovkin fight be big enough to do that and make a good enough return?

Comment

I believe Chavez has one fight left on his contract and he's willing to fight GGG ... Arum is being a bitch trying to lock Chavez down with extensions.

Arum needs to make the Chavez\GGG fight and then talk future -- Don't hold the fight hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post

I remember that nonsense too .....

Comment

Well i hope thats the case all i care about is the fight.

Would a Golovkin fight be big enough to do that and make a good enough return?
              That's up to Arum when he decides how much to pay him, but id say yes. Chavez and Golovkin are two of the top draws on HBO.

Comment

That sucks that this fight is not happening.

Comment

Why does Chavez have to sign away years of his career just to get one fight? He's willing to face Golovkin so Arum should be satisfied with that.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                    I believe Chavez has one fight left on his contract and he's willing to fight GGG ... Arum is being a bitch trying to lock Chavez down with extensions.

Arum needs to make the Chavez\GGG fight and then talk future -- Don't hold the fight hostage.
                    So if Arum does roadblock this JCC would need to have one more to run out the contract and so long as network issues didn't arise it could happen later this year?

Golden Boy would be the obvious choice which means networks would be an issue unless he fought Golovkin before signing with them and let K2 deal with promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post

I remember that nonsense too .....
                      You're a moron.

Comment

Working...
                      X