Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do Broner fans like about Broner?

I was wondering about that myself.

Comment

I was actually somewhat of a fan of Broners going into the Malignaggi fight, but regardless of his lack luster performance, the way he handled himself after the fight really turned me off, and I'm not usually like that at all. This is boxing, and I want to see fighting not loving, but for whatever reason his actions after that fight completely turned me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
        He lost a lot of his fans. Like Burner, who thinks Maidana is a bum.

Burner and Larryx were saying Broner was the next big thing, and neither have really mentioned his name since he lost the 0.
        broner has lost 3 fights that were not scored right (in my opinion) They were against fernando quintana, ponce de leon and malignaggi, . i was kinda worried about maidana losing(to broner) when the fight ended . maidana rightfully won and broner didnt receive another gift decision. broner should have 4 losses now
        Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 04-27-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          What do Broner fans like about Broner?

I was wondering about that myself.
          Currently 168 (give or take) people have came in here. Only 1 Broner fan who said he likes Broner because he is a good rapper. Which is actually priceless.

So I take it he really has a shortage of fans, presently.

I'm actually starting to feel bad for him an pulling for him provided he gets his character in order.

Comment

Likely reasons:

1) his race

2) his personality

3) his skills.

I liked him based on #2 & #3 when he was still with HBO; he wasn't as obnoxious and it was still innocent. After the Paulie stuff (post-fight), I really stopped liking him outside the of the ring. (I didn't know about his WSHH stuff.) I will say, he has a lot of heart w/r/t how he finished the Maidana fight and I am interested to see how he rebounds.

Comment

I like his technique, his commitment to his combinations, his body punching but I've now understood that he simply takes too long to set up his offense. He'll literally do a little pose before unleashing his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                hes a fake personality who doesnt understand values. the people who support his act are the ones to blame. his father is immature aswell,he treats his son like a god and the dad should behave like a father insteadof behaving like his son billionaire rapper god boxer. broner is not serious enough for this sport
                A fake personality... I think he is pretty much one of a kind. In this day and age you have to position yourself to be something different to get to bigger and better things ASAP imo.

In MMA there is a guy with limited/avarage fighting skills imo who will never win a title but has allready received 3 title shots. His name is Chael Sonnen and he is being very succesfull, when he wasnt flamboyant he wasnt succefull and he wasnt getting title shots he wasnt presentating on tv etc.

I have no problem personally with special people of worth level being a bit flamboyant when the camera's are on. I believe in bragging rights and such. It also makes the fights that more interesting. if broner would also be as quiet as lets say maidana than the pre hype wouldnt be as big. Everyone wanted to know if someone as flamboyant could keep his 0 and his bragging rights intact.

Last thing why i'll always follow broner is that he comes accross more sincere than most fighters, maybe not immediatly but in the end he ussually says it how it is. and give props where due.

2013 he was the biggist warrior in boxing imo by challenging everyone, but floyd. While having his 0 and everything to lose. That is something that probably your favorite boxer wouldnt do. too many duckers and talkers with 6 agenda's. Him letting the public choose his opponent will always let me respect him more than 99% of all the boxers out there who talk a good game but dont walk it. He's real maybe to real for his own good. 3 time world champion is also not something everyone just does. Lets wait and see what he brings in the future @ 140 :-)

Comment

Flashy, fly, flamboyant.

Comment

Broner billed himself as the next Floyd Mayweather.
                    No doubt a lot of Floyd fans became Broner fans.

Comment

He's the next mayeath.............ooops wait

Comment

Working...
                      X