Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Lennox Lewis v 2014 Wladimir Klitschko - Who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 Lennox Lewis v 2014 Wladimir Klitschko - Who wins and how?

37 year old Lennox v 38 year old Wlad....

Who wins and how? and Why?

Vote and discuss
    L. Lewis (2003) KO/TKO
    69.81%
    L. Lewis (2003) Decision
    3.77%
    W. Klitschko (2014) KO/TKO
    16.98%
    W. Klitschko (2014) Decision
    9.43%

The poll is expired.

Lennox wins if they undergo random drug testing

Comment

Lennox fought better competition and was able to defeat Vlad's superior older brother despite being past his prime. So I say Lennox Lewis wins.

Comment

I voted Wlad by decision but this one would be very close. I can imagine all possible outcomes. They both can KO each other, they both can outbox each other.
        This is talking generally, where prime for prime it's 50:50 fight IMO.

I would never argue with different opinions on this one as I genuinely believe this one is very difficult to predict. I agree fully with Emanuel's opinion.

I do think prime Vitali has much better chance of beating prime Wlad. For that one I give 60:40 to Vitali, although I see Vitali:Lennox as 45:55 for Lennox.
        Last edited by Simurgh; 04-27-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Lennox fought better competition and was able to defeat Vlad's superior older brother despite being past his prime. So I say Lennox Lewis wins.
          This is the interesting thing. I know that some people will say Wlad wins this, yet they will also say Vitali is the greater of the 2....

It's a tough one, who's to know what would have happened for sure if we take away Vitali's cut. Wlad is the more skilled technical boxer, but it's tough to say if technical boxing skills is what was needed to beat Lewis that night. I'd say Wlad probably has a good chance because of his speed, and greater power probably than Vitali.

Comment

Lennox always beats Wladimir because he can do everything Wladimir can do on the outside & a lot of things that Wladimir can't do on the inside. Wlad's inside game is pretty much just clinching. Lennox can do a whole lot more on the inside.. Lennox has a much wider punch selection, he's a more intelligent boxer, plus he's much, much tougher than Wlad. That fight wouldn't last more than 6 rounds, Lennox would destroy him. The first time Wlad gets hit with a good shot it would be the beginning of the end.

Comment

Lennox would get inside and reek havoc !!! give him the business like he did Michael grant !!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Lennox always beats Wladimir because he can do everything Wladimir can do on the outside & a lot of things that Wladimir can't do on the inside. Wlad's inside game is pretty much just clinching. Lennox can do a whole lot more on the inside.. Lennox has a much wider punch selection, he's a more intelligent boxer, plus he's much, much tougher than Wlad. That fight wouldn't last more than 6 rounds, Lennox would destroy him. The first time Wlad gets hit with a good shot it would be the beginning of the end.
                Can't agree on that.

Wlad has significantly better jab, he has much better straight right, he is a bit faster, has a slightly better footwork, has a better defence, and more one-punch power, has a better left hook.

Lennox has a significantly better chin, he has much better inside game, he is a bit tougher than Wlad, has a great uppercut.

So no, Lennox can't do everything Wlad does, nor other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  I put the specific dates of 2003 and 2014 as the relative performance levels of the fighters. They each had 1 fight in those years (Wlad so far in 14')...Lennox had stamina issues in the Vitali fight...he was slower...I think Wlad's jab would be more effective than Lennox's, his speed would cause him problems...he might even KO him had he landed a flush straight like Vitali did.

Sure, I think Wlad could have problems if he allowed it to become a brawl, and got caught in some inside fighting. But he can definitely win this one...and I think you could say that and still say Vitali is the better bro, because he wasn't in his absolute prime in terms of skills, gameplan and experience in the LL fight, IMO.

Comment

I don't really see how this would go to a decision - Lennox didn't have the stamina to go 12 in his state, so if Wlad wins this, it's a KO IMO. I would just fancy him to do it, as long as he could limit how much offense Lennox could bring himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X