No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    Vitali is up there because of H2H and intangibles going in his favour...3-time champ, never knocked down...never behind on cards...2nd highest KO%, undefeated in 10 years, showed his performance level v an ATG...honestly Vitali could have broken the Joe Louis record if he was active during 04-08...I wonder where he would be ranked by everyone had he not been injured then.
    This ^^^

Vitali is higher in my atg heavyweight than Wlad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      No they are not. Can you say Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Joe Loius, Holmes? Those were weaker eras.

At least those era's had HOF contenders on top of the weaker competition. Where the hell are top contenders from this generation going to rank?

Comment

• Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
        That guy is obsessed with race. He needs to let that paranoia go already.
        there are some who criticize wlad not based on race but there are many on here who clearly have racial biases against the klits ( im not going to mention any names) and I can understand some people being a little paranoid about it because of that

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko transformed heavyweight boxing. His performance against Leapai last night cemented this. His jab, footwork, defense and offense were all immaculate and incomparable. No style works against him.

He proved uppercuts, combos, feinting, swarming etc to be near-worthless (in the case of his opponents) and unnecessary (in the case of himself). Thus by his perfect minimalistic-seeming technique he actually shows how bad previous generations of boxers were who could win with such techniques like feinting and combos.

Wladimir is the blueprint for what strategies work (in his case) and don't work (in his opponents' case). Wladimir Klitschko is the measuring stick for champions of the past and future.
          I'm a fan of Wlad, without a doubt the most dominant heavyweight of his era and the best since Lewis. I normally rank him top 10-15, I owuldn't mind it if some squeezed him into the top 10 but he isn't the greatest as you seem to think he is.

Wlad's chin is still pretty weak, he is just great at shielding it now, which speaks volumes of his immaculate defence, jab and footwork. But I have no doubt in my mind that a prime, offensive fighter, on the level of Tyson, Frazier, Foreman or Shavers would at some point get through and those men threw bombs, I think Wlad's chin would detonate.

I won't even begin to talk about the greatness of Ali and what he would do with his speed, ring IQ, footwork, punch variety, combinations and superior chin and recuperative powers.

Originally posted by Wenpire View Post
          Wladimir Klitschko is a top 3 heavyweight in history along with Ali and Tyson.

If you don't see that by now, you are just a blind hater and there is no use debating with you.
          Tyson is part of your top 3?

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            how is wlad greater then tyson......?

muhahahaha
            he has a hell of alot more longevity than tyson and tyson also fought in a poor era. I also rate wlad higher than tyson and tyson is one of my all time favs. he just didnt have the discipline to dominate long enough to be ahead of wlad imo

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              I'm a fan of Wlad, without a doubt the most dominant heavyweight of his era and the best since Lewis. I normally rank him top 10-15, I owuldn't mind it if some squeezed him into the top 10 but he isn't the greatest as you seem to think he is.

Wlad's chin is still pretty weak, he is just great at shielding it now, which speaks volumes of his immaculate defence, jab and footwork. But I have no doubt in my mind that a prime, offensive fighter, on the level of Tyson, Frazier, Foreman or Shavers would at some point get through and those men threw bombs, I think Wlad's chin would detonate.

I won't even begin to talk about the greatness of Ali and what he would do with his speed, ring IQ, footwork, punch variety, combinations and superior chin and recuperative powers.

Tyson is part of your top 3?
              I rank Ali highly, make no mistake. I just do not necessarily think Ali fought much better opposition than Wladimir.

Comment

I rank Ali highly, make no mistake. I just do not necessarily think Ali fought much better opposition than Wladimir.
                You must be joking right ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                  You must be joking right ?
                  What A level opposition did Ali fight and beat? Patterson? A light HW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                    Well if you are dismissing Wlad for fighting (and not always beating) B-level competition then you kind of instantly eliminate Tyson from any ATG conversation by proxy.

I don't quite follow that method so I think Wlad and Tyson were both very good and that their poor competition was more of a burden to their careers than a blessing (other than financially...).
                    no....thats not the issue. tyson has a better resume then wlad (he has much greater wins) do you guys even know who Tony Tucker was? tucker was a 6'5 lean jabber with blazing foot speed and a blazing stiff jab (tucker actually had much better foot speed then wlad could ever imagine) & anyone who's educated in heavyweight boxing wouldn't argue against that. tucker alone has wins over mcCall prime (who knocked out lewis) buster douglas & when he was old he still gave lewis a hard tough fight (vitali got tko'd within 6)

you see you guys don't know anything about tony tucker.........WHO IS BETTER THEN TUCKER ON WLADS RESUME? I'll wait.............

(can't believe you have clowns going around saying that wlad is greater then tyson) OK lets look at the resumes then.

I'll wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                      "Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Trevor Berbick, Michael Spinks. past prime larry holmes "

rest my case

What would be considered Tyson's biggest win? Past-prime Holmes (which Wladimir would be mocked for) or 6'2" 210 pound Michael Spinks (which Wlad would be mocked for)?
                      so you even know who tony tucker was? hahahahaha

let me give you a task........who's greater win then tucker (thats on wlads resume)

who?

I'll wait.............

Comment

Working...
                      X