No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    You do know that Eddie Chambers weighed in at 202 pounds in a heavyweight fight right?

If mike bunce is such a dunce, then what does that make the SEVERAL people like the mighty Darryll Williamson, Panell, Purrity, Sanders, Peter, Brewster etc etc that all managed to knock down Wlad - even multiple times.

Knockdowns happen, it's boxing.
    Then why sell the knock downs when it happens to Wladimir but not the past generation of heavyweights who have been knocked down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      Then why sell the knock downs when it happens to Wladimir but not the past generation of heavyweights who have been knocked down?
      YOU were the one bringing up the knockdown by Mike Bruce as some sort of travesty when Wlad has been knocked down and out by journeymen

As I said, you really don't know ****e about the sport, you just ride the wave of Klitschko fanboy land.

Comment

Wriggling yourself out of this one and ignoring the fact you're calling a professional athlete a fat bum meanwhile you're...

Strange If you had met Samuel Peters in person... sorry If you were capable of stepping outside into the real world you'd probably be hopping all over Sammys **** asking for an autograph and worshipping the fact he managed to knock Wladimir down...

Now hush up and go back to flexing your E-go
        Even if I was a fat ****, and I wouldn't give the slightest toss about admitting it if I was, it doesn't change the fact that your argument is ****ing ******ed.

You can go on and on like this forever, just replying again and again with ****ty pictures of fat guys, and it won't actually make it real. I won't suddenly turn into the fat, ugly **** you desperately want me to be to make yourself feel better, but hey, knock yourself out. Makes no difference to me.

Comment

No I'm 100% clean unlike your idol James Toney...
          Steroids... Terrible thing aren't they!
          Well if you are clean then your obviously suffering from a mental disorder of some variety.

Comment

• Originally posted by One more round View Post
            Well if you are clean then your obviously suffering from a mental disorder of some variety.
            True. At least that's an excuse. If he's not smoking crack, he's just a moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
              Many people believe "boxers were better when I was young."

Or does everything just SEEM better when we're young?

Good point. The boxing nostalgic people we find here are for the most part just that, older generation nostalgics wearing rose tainted glasses when it comes to the Golden Era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltz View Post
                Good point. The boxing nostalgic people we find here are for the most part just that, older generation nostalgics wearing rose tainted glasses when it comes to the Golden Era.
                Yet some of them, like LacedUp, were hardly even born during the Golden Era

Comment

How many times have you recited that in this thread alone?

The point stinks. It's the same as saying current fans don't appreciate the quality of old fighters. It's an argument without substance.

If Sam Peter could really beat Joe Frazier, he would have at least been able to beat the likes of Chambers and Toney decisively.

But he didn't.

Comment

Yet some of them, like LacedUp, were hardly even born during the Golden Era
                    What do you mean hardly? I wasn't born

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      How many times have you recited that in this thread alone?

The point stinks. It's the same as saying current fans don't appreciate the quality of old fighters. It's an argument without substance.

If Sam Peter could really beat Joe Frazier, he would have at least been able to beat the likes of Chambers and Toney decisively.

But he didn't.
                      H2H is hypothesis. Frazier has a far from impressive resume and is really, when it boils down to it, highly overrated. And as far as Peter vs Frazier goes, Peter was a beast like 10 plus yrs ago and probably the most feared man in boxing at the time. He was in shape too at the time, a beast as I said. No need to try and bummify him further.

Comment

Working...
                      X