No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    - How many HOFamers/ATGs did Wlad fight/beat?

I'll wait...
    Let me ask why that is so important? Its not a measuringstick for greatness ar all. At least not without mentioning what version of those HOF'ers they fought. Take Lummox for instance. How much does it count that he beat a shot to **** Tyson? Or Holmes beating the corpse of Ali?

Who is to say that beating a faded version of an ATG is better than beating a very good prime fighter? How can you measure that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      You are pushing it. Foster failed at HW.

Having said that, I must say that those who are mentioning Wlad in the same breath as they mention Ali must be living on another planet.
      Not saying he didn't.

But he was still one of the best LHWs of all time and an ATG.

I mean, Haye is one of Wlad's best wins and he spent the majority of his career in another division and not being at all as impressive as Foster.

AT ALL.

But you have to remember Bat, Sam Peter was 40 pounds heavier than Frazier which means he's a better fighter.

Wlad > Ali.

Comment

Let me ask why that is so important? Its not a measuringstick for greatness ar all. At least not without mentioning what version of those HOF'ers they fought. Take Lummox for instance. How much does it count that he beat a shot to **** Tyson? Or Holmes beating the corpse of Ali?

Who is to say that beating a faded version of an ATG is better than beating a very good prime fighter? How can you measure that?
        Of course it is. It determines the quality of your resume.

Especially as the two wins Frazier has against ATG opposition were in their prime. So Frazier beat a pretty prime Ali (not vintage, but still). And he beat Bob Foster in his prime when he was champ.

We agree that beating Ali for Holmes doesn't count as much. Same with Tyson for Lennox.

But I don't see anyone bigging up either man's resume on the basis of those fights. And I certainly don't.

But I do see people bigging Wlad's resume up because he fought Ray Mercer

Comment

Not saying he didn't.

But he was still one of the best LHWs of all time and an ATG.

I mean, Haye is one of Wlad's best wins and he spent the majority of his career in another division and not being at all as impressive as Foster.

AT ALL.

But you have to remember Bat, Sam Peter was 40 pounds heavier than Frazier which means he's a better fighter.

Wlad > Ali.
          Quit the trolling on me please.

Foster was with little doubt a top 10 all time LHW, but he had no business at HW. Haye has some credibility in that division having beaten Valuev.

Comment

Of course it is. It determines the quality of your resume.

Especially as the two wins Frazier has against ATG opposition were in their prime. So Frazier beat a pretty prime Ali (not vintage, but still). And he beat Bob Foster in his prime when he was champ.

We agree that beating Ali for Holmes doesn't count as much. Same with Tyson for Lennox.

But I don't see anyone bigging up either man's resume on the basis of those fights. And I certainly don't.

But I do see people bigging Wlad's resume up because he fought Ray Mercer
            You're doing a good job buddy,just look at red cyclones last childish reply you're ****ting on these klitickers and it's good stuff,resumes do count if they didn't deontay Wilder should be considered Atg

Comment

Foster was with little doubt a top 10 all time LHW, but he had no business at HW. Haye has some credibility in that division having beaten Valuev.
              Valuev was a plodding bum and did uou actually see the fight it was a freaking circus act if you think that performance by either man makes them a credible opponent you're an idiot

Comment

I would probably agree. Haye's heavyweight resume was very limited though.

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                You're doing a good job buddy,just look at red cyclones last childish reply you're ****ting on these klitickers and it's good stuff,resumes do count if they didn't deontay Wilder should be considered Atg
                That guy is so dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  i do honestly believe wlad is #1 p4p and has been for awhile now but for some reason isn't recognized as so by the american boxing press.

no one has been as dominant as he has. when wlad KOs an opponent people are quick to call that opponent a bum or taxi driver but in reality they are just not at his level which isn't putting them down. there are not much people in heavyweight history who could compete with wlad or vitali.
                  no way in hell #1 in the world bro

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                  great thread.

How anyone can call that performance boring is beyond me. it was punch perfect. He fought very similar to vitali, with high output and great combos. Threw in some body punches as well.

His right hand is pure ***
                  yeah he fought like that vs a bum! Why he didn't fight like that vs Povetkin???
                  Last edited by Bigg Rigg; 05-21-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I would probably agree. Haye's heavyweight resume was very limited though.

That guy is so dumb.
                    Pot calling kettle black, you're the guy saying beating a blown up heavyweight who had no business at the heavyweight division is a defining win for Frazier...
                    You've proven your ******ity, try again please.
                    Last edited by M Bison; 05-21-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      no way in hell #1 in the world bro

yeah he fought like that vs a bum! Why he didn't fight like that vs Povetkin???
                      Yeah because defining the P4P status is going toe-to-toe with a street fighter in Maidana just completely forgetting the fact Mayweather is seen as "the best defensive fighter ever" so why was it all that was took to make Floyd struggle was a guy who just wanted to slug it out?

You fight in the manner to win not to please.

Comment

Working...
                      X