Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse Dominated That Fight and I think Improved As A Boxer In The Process

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molina showed power and guts, that alone makes for a tough fight no matter how skilled you are. People calling him a bum have sht for brains.
    On the other hand you have Thurman vs Diaz, ending all of a sudden becuase Diaz got punch and it hurt...
    People here dont know sht about not only boxing but life. Lets be honest, the average BSF poster is a 20 year old something living in his mom's basement with no idea about pain, fights, boxing and life in gral.

Comment

Originally posted by downklown View Post
      Is this thread some kind of joke?
      The fight was a all out war. You don't "dominate" wars. Hell, i've even seen numerous people say it's the FOTY so far which would NEVER be said if one guy dominated.
      But he did, and numerous people agree with me in this thread alone. Even in the rds he was knocked down, Matthysse did the better work. He was dominating the 5th rd.

What made the fight so good was that both guys were ready and willing to lay it all on the line and that Molina proved early he could hurt Matthysse. The tension and unexpected was what made that fight so great.

When you step back, look at the fight, assess what happened, and let the tension die down, Matthysse won almost every rd and brutalized Molina late.

Comment

What I saw was Matthysse get caught a bit cold early by a bigger, game opponent who can crack. He then got it together and proceeded to kick the **** out of his man.

Maybe he was a little overconfident going in?

I don't know, but I thought Lucas was looking increasingly fast and fluid with his combos as the fight progressed.

Really enjoyed the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          if by "dominate," you mean got hurt several times and came from behind / two knockdowns to win. he was badly hurt on several occasions.

the guy went to war with john molina. he's an exciting, limited fighter. it's also apparent that danny garcia broke that so called iron chin of his.

last night was a fun fight. it wouldn't be if lucas was a true world beater.
          Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Up and down war = Domination?
          crazy, crazy fight. people are calling it a classic, and i think it falls just short of that. i have only seen it once, but i was thoroughly entertained last night.

like others were saying, molina just isn't a great athlete. he's strong, but his punches don't go where he wants them to. his head movement comes after the jabs hit him

lucas only looked like a world class fighter in spots. he really turned it up late in the fight, which was exciting, but he needed to. you don't need to do that when you're dominating. he didn't look like he had it until he had really started to take a beating, and molina slowed down.

if molina knew how to box and pace himself he could won that fight.
          This is the first thing that came to mind in your exchange. No lie.

Comment

Matthysse clearly dominated the fight. I don't know what people saw.
            Rd. 1 was even. He went down in Rd. 2, but let's not act like it was a hard knockdown or something. He got caught with a right hand to the temple and his right knee touched the canvas. He didn't seem to be hurt. Rd. 5 was clearly a rabbit punch.

He defintitely made some adjustements as the fight went on: he used his jab a lot, worked behind it to pepper Molina with right hands, he was more careful in the exchanges, kept his composure despite the kd's and the bad cut above his eye.

Lol at people saying you can't be dominant in a war. Figueroa-Arakawa? Matthysse-Ajose? It was a war, but after Rd. 5, it was a one-sided war.

What a fight!!

Comment

The gap in skill/experience became more apparent as the fight went on. With each passing round, Matts was getting hit less and Molina was getting hit more. Distance, clinching, In-fighting, dirty boxing, combination punching.

Comment

if by "dominate," you mean got hurt several times and came from behind / two knockdowns to win. he was badly hurt on several occasions.

the guy went to war with john molina. he's an exciting, limited fighter. it's also apparent that danny garcia broke that so called iron chin of his.

last night was a fun fight. it wouldn't be if lucas was a true world beater.
                Except he never got hit on the chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                  This is the first thing that came to mind in your exchange. No lie.

i don't really get it, but OK.

i do like cats. they're nature's practical jokers. who loves kitty?

Comment

Lol @ Garcia broke the iron chin.

Matthysse never went down from a chin shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Lol @ Garcia broke the iron chin.

Matthysse never went down from a chin shot.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

blinded by garcia, and almost knocked out by molina. world beater.

Comment

Working...
                      X