No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Canelo vs Mayweather, I scored it 116-114 Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
    Fight was a lot more competitive than people make out, a lot of Mayweather bumlickery in this fight, aka only really showing his highlights during the breaks..

Here's my breakdown

Round 1 - Canelo
    Round 2 - Canelo good body punches
    Round 3 - Even 10/10 good right hand by floyd but partially blocked, good bodywork and jabs by Nelo
    Round 4 - Best round of the fight, throughout this fight a lot of Canelo's sneaky left hooks were going unoticed, good jabs and body work by Canelo, Mayweather had the more eye catching punches though. Mayweather round.
    Round 5 - Very close round 10/10
    Round 6 - Mayweather, very close competitive round
    Round 7 - Mayweather, very good combinations by Mayweather
    Round 8 - Mayweather, Brilliant defense
    Round 9 - Mayweather - Canelo starting to gas
    Round 10 - Canelo - Big right hand won the round,
    Round 11 - Mayweather - Dominant
    Round 12 - Canelo

Overall: Canelo = 114
    Mayweather = 116

Mayweather's jab and Canelo's lack of one was key
    you sound like the opposite. You sound like you are getting caught up into things. Like you talk about the 4th round being great and canelo's sneaky stuff going unotice but you are probably only saying that because Paulie & Al were saying that Canelo was catching him with the left hook. That punch that Paulie always talks about that Canelo does where it looks like a jab but he hooks instead. Floyd was blocking that easily and they were acting like he was catching him. I bet if Paulie watched it back he would say that he got that wrong and Floyd is blocking that

Comment

this thread its hilarious, cmon people really so many of you think it was that close ?

Im reading a lot of guys saying it was a draw or "you have to give AT LEAST 4-5 rounds to canelo " wtfff

This sounds like pacquiao bradley all over again

When i heard the scorecards ( i also tought the same with pac vs bradley 1) i really tought, wooow maybe they will try to make a rematch, and sell it saying something like "it was closer than people tought" and "i hurt this or that or had problems on camp"

And you know what? it really works ! people do forget and fall for that trick haha canelo just wasnt on floyd level and his style was all wrong for Floyd.

I like canelo i have seen him train, i train and live in guadalajara and i know the guy is really good, but he lost CLEARLY you can even see it in his face expression after a few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post

this thread its hilarious, cmon people really so many of you think it was that close ?

Im reading a lot of guys saying it was a draw or "you have to give AT LEAST 4-5 rounds to canelo " wtfff

When i heard the scorecards ( i also tought the same with pac vs bradley 1) i really tought, wooow maybe they will try to make a rematch, and sell it saying something like "it was closer than people tought" and "i hurt this or that or had problems on camp"

And you know what? it really works ! people do forget and fall for that trick haha canelo just wasnt on floyd level and his style was all wrong for Floyd.

I like canelo i have seen him train, i train and live in guadalajara and i know the guy is really good, but he lost CLEARLY you can even see it in his face expression after a few rounds.
        I thought the Pac Bradley 1 fight was closer than people made out too, I had the first 1 8-4 Pac. Wtf are yall getting so mad about? I'm not saying it was close or a draw it was a clear win for Mayweather just not like a Pac vs Rios type beating

Comment

canelo won at least 5 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Opinionated View Post
            I thought the Pac Bradley 1 fight was closer than people made out too, I had the first 1 8-4 Pac. Wtf are yall getting so mad about? I'm not saying it was close or a draw it was a clear win for Mayweather just not like a Pac vs Rios type beating
            Lol how am i mad ? i mean ok u are entitled to your opinon thats cool with me

But cmon the judge that gave it a draw was suspended after it, that has to tell you something.

IMO Floyd won with ease

Comment

Canelo won one round on my card. You can give him two rounds if you really felt generous, but any more than that is a stretch.

Also, I can't take anybody who scores rounds evenly seriously.

Comment

TS is CJ Ross' son.

GTFO with that BS TS!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post

Wow, people are really saying Alvarez won some rounds? Lol.

I don't think Alvarez won a round. Maybe there were 1 or 2 close enough to give him out of pity, but there wasn't one round where he landed more clean punches than Mayweather.

Comment

Anybody who gave Canelo more than 3 rounds should do some soul searching about the what sport to follow next! 3 rounds its being generous!

Comment

• A Mexican and a Big Canelo fan here. The fight was a 117-111 Mayweather. No more, no less. First 6 rounds the fight was competitive btw

Comment

Working...
                      X