Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd be penalized for turning his back to opponents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Who is the guy in your sig?
    Are you referring to Morris Day? The guy touching his hair and dancing? He had some nice songs back in the day. He was Prince's rival in Purple Rain. Morris Day and The Time.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Who is the guy in your sig?
      Morris Day, he's a singer who was down with Prince since the 80s.

**edit**
      Sorry didn't see above post
      Last edited by blacraven; 04-25-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

The Canelo vs Floyd fight was on TV this morning. In the start of the 11th round Canelo throws at Floyd , Floyd turns his back to Canelo, Canelo barely lands on Floys back,the ref immediatly gives Canelo a warning.

I forget the refs name but he reffed last night in the Rico Ramos vs Cuellar bout which was in Las Vegas as well.

Do we know if this Floyd loving ref will be the ref for Maidana vs Floyd?
        If so I think Maidana get's DQ'd by the 7th round.

Comment

Originally posted by justcuz View Post
          What about his flagrant elbows on the inside to an opponent's face that are worse than pushing an opponent. Clearly not a boxing move. It's equivalent to having your glove in someone's face while not punching to hinder their view.

Ask yourself what other fighters has done that to the extent Floyd routinely does.
          If they don't come in trying to smother him then the elbow is nothing serious at all. It's there to keep space and control the clinch.

Comment

That would be a valid argument in Muay Thai but you can't use the threat of getting cut by an elbow as a valid defensive technique in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              I havent seen anything in the unified rules against turning your back
              You have to face your opponent.

Some people don't even know the rules to this sport

Comment

You also can't duck bellow your belt line.

I wish refs would enforce the rules of boxing.

Comment

Working...
                X