Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one happy Pac is hinting at moving back down to 140, why or why not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one happy Pac is hinting at moving back down to 140, why or why not?

I am....since beating Cotto, he has had mixed results and performances at 147... Top ranks stable is shallow, and he is pretty small for the weight.

Im not interested in watching a 3rd bradley fight(who he beat 2 times in my book) or Marquez( who only has one offical win in the series, and nothing Manny can do will erase that knockout loss.)

At 140 he will be more formidible also im a bit tired of seeing him in with the same fighters or no hopers.

Honestly I hope he doesnt re-sign with Top Rank...IMO if he doesnt become a free agent, we wont see him in any fights that the fans want to see.

If he goes back down to 140 the excuses is in already when he starts to shine again. It will be he's too big, he's picking on smaller fighters, he couldn't hang at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
      If he goes back down to 140 the excuses is in already when he starts to shine again. It will be he's too big, he's picking on smaller fighters, he couldn't hang at 147.

In my eyes he doesnt belong at 147...look at his last few opponents...none were long time welterweights(Marquez, Rios, Bradley had one fight and wasnt ranked in the first fight at 147), or were they were coming off bad losses or showings(Mosley, DLH)...he couldve just fought them(jmm and bradley) at 140 to begin with after he ko'ed hatton.

only way he should stay is if he fights other top 10 ranked guys....2 fights with bradley and 4 with marquez are enough already
      Last edited by therealpugilist; 04-24-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I think it's a bad idea as Pac will lose punch resistance. He was already getting stunned by the likes of Bradley in his last fight, going down in weight would make it that much more easier to take him out.

Comment

Working...
        X