Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone give me the run down on what unifying titles is, what lineal champion is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone give me the run down on what unifying titles is, what lineal champion is

What is the difference from being undisputed champion, unified champion, ring champion, lineal champion. I need the rundown.

Aren't they pretty self-explanatory?

Unified = 2 or more belts

Undisputed = all 4 belts

Lineal = man who beat the man who beat the man etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Undisputed = all 4 belts

This........

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        What is the difference from being undisputed champion, unified champion, ring champion, lineal champion. I need the rundown.
        Ring: Ring ****zine Champ

Unified: 2 or more major belts

Lineal: Man that beat the man, the real champ. Begins with the clear top 2 contenders fighting for it. Can be lineal without an actual belt

Undisputed: All major world titles, includes all of the above as well

Comment

Undisputed = all 4 belts

And ring has it's own belt? And can you give me some examples of any undisputed champions?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Ring: Ring ****zine Champ

Unified: 2 or more major belts

Lineal: Man that beat the man, the real champ. Begins with the clear top 2 contenders fighting for it. Can be lineal without an actual belt

Undisputed: All major world titles, includes all of the above as well
            10-4 thanks. I think my main confusion was unified and undisputed. It's all clear as day now.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              And ring has it's own belt? And can you give me some examples of any undisputed champions?
              Yeah Ring ****zine has its own ratings. The Ring Belt is usually awarded when the 1 and 2 in the division fight.

Currently? There are no undisputed champions I don't think. Probably have to go back to Hopkins at middleweight for the last time someone actually physically held all 4 belts. Calzaghe basically did at SMW but was stripped of the IBF shortly before the Kessler fight.

Comment

Yeah Ring ****zine has its own ratings. The Ring Belt is usually awarded when the 1 and 2 in the division fight.

Currently? There are no undisputed champions I don't think. Probably have to go back to Hopkins at middleweight for the last time someone actually physically held all 4 belts. Calzaghe basically did at SMW but was stripped of the IBF shortly before the Kessler fight.
                Got it, all these technicalities, had to clarify them.

Comment

Not really, the ring belt can be given to #2 vs #5

Comment

Manny pacquiao the only 4 lineal champ. Something Floyd will never be since he's a chicken.

Comment

Working...
                    X