Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pacquaio trash talked, would he be a bigger PPV star than Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    He is Mexican-American.

Mexican-Americans are the biggest buyers of PPVs.
    So why aren't all Mex-Americans ppv stars?

Oscar made sure he fought just about everyone. That is an admirable quality in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
      So why aren't all Mex-Americans ppv stars?

Oscar made sure he fought just about everyone. That is an admirable quality in my book.
      Gold medal. From a well known Mexican American neighborhood in LA. Handsome as could be in his prime. Spoke great English with a slight accent which made him more intriguing. Represented the James Bond of Mexican Americans for a lot of people, and especially women.

Hated by the thugged out Chicanos that were always JCC Sr and Vargas fans, which also help out his PPV sales, etc.

Let's not even forget he had legit skills. He was the perfect storm for a post Leonard/Chavez Sr. boxing world.

Comment

Floyd wasn't as popular when he merely talked trash. It's the way that he's coupled it with selling an aspirational lifestyle that's worked for him.

Comment

No definitely not that's for sure, he has been perfectly marketed as a humble knockout puncher that (no racist) does the Asian Karaoke thing that they absolutely eat up.

Comment

a few times manny trashed talked..

manny was asked what he thinks of edwin valero who has perfect KO wins.. manny said he's probably only fighting "tuktuk" drivers..

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Gold medal. From a well known Mexican American neighborhood in LA. Handsome as could be in his prime. Spoke great English with a slight accent which made him more intriguing. Represented the James Bond of Mexican Americans for a lot of people, and especially women.

Hated by the thugged out Chicanos that were always JCC Sr and Vargas fans, which also help out his PPV sales, etc.

Let's not even forget he had legit skills. He was the perfect storm for a post Leonard/Chavez Sr. boxing world.
              Good points. De La Hoya was golden, not brown. His watered down ethnicity made him acceptable to mainstream America. Much in the same way that it did with Bruce Lee and Bob Marley in music and film.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                Good points. De La Hoya was golden, not brown. His watered down ethnicity made him acceptable to mainstream America. Much in the same way that it did with Bruce Lee and Bob Marley in music and film.
                Great comparisons. Guys that are in touch with their ethnicity, but can appeal to everyone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  No because people hate Floyd because he trash talks. And Manny's fans all have halos and are good and righteous so if he became "bad" they wouldn't watch....right?
                  hollywood hulk kept his fan base!!!! what if pacs fans were as humble as him!!!

Comment

pacquiao used to trash talk a lot when he was still in the lower weight divisions but he rarely showed it to int'l media since he says it in filipino. pacquiao once said he would shut up marquez and knock him out once and for all since he was whining about being robbed and it pissed the hell out of pacquiao.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                      If you didn't have a red bar I would pay attention to your posts.
                      You took the time to respond to my post, so you're clearly paying attention to me. I barely even know wtf that red bar is. I'm assuming it means that I post things that Pacquiao fans don't like. If that's the case then I take it as a badge of honor.

Comment

Working...
                      X