Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins. "Money" Mayweather. RIGHT NOW: who has the better resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    He won't reply.
    ....damn troll

Goooooooooooooooot emmmmm!

Comment

Being an undersdog doesn't make a win more significant.. People underrated Hopkins a long time

Mayweather has the edge in talent

Beat more champions...beat more hall of famers...won more titles...more weight classes

More lineal title fights and defenses

Better results in title fights

Mayweather hands down
      Sometimes it does. Depends on the level of upset and how it was won.

Comment

• I wonder how long B-Hop can keep going, keep making history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Its a toss-up...

Hopkins i think has beaten the best fighter between them in prime tito...

Both have tons of top level wins,,,

Floyd is undefeated, while hopkins has losses in all stages of his career...

Either one is a correct answer..

Hopkins might have a slight edge in terms of resume, but floyd i think is the better fighter overall and i rank him higher in ATG rankings
          Great post. Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
            Bhop KO over a DLH trumps anything on Pretty Boy Resume.
            You have got. Be kidding. That was the biggest farce I have ever seen in boxing. Oscar clearly took a dive because they were going into golden boy together and Oscar was retiring and hop was continuing his career. And what a resume builder to have ko'd de la Hoya. Biggest scam on the public I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Sometimes it does. Depends on the level of upset and how it was won.
              its easy to see to me

Mayweather was more dominant

more lineal title defenses

more lineal titles

won more alphabet titles

beat more hall of famers

His biggest wins are bigger....Most of Hopkins biggest wins are guys moving up to face him, whereas Mayweather fought across 24 pounds

beat more champions

he also beat more p4p type opposition while Hopkins always had trouble with fast, athletic gusy...whether prime or past it

Mayweather was flat out a better fight with a better resume

Comment

• Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                The correct answer is PBM. 103 people voted with their hearts, not their brains.
                anyone with common sense knows mayweather has a better resume

Hopkins lost to all his best opponents...Calzaghe, Jones, Kov, and Dawson...mayweather clearly beat 90% of his opposition

people get in their feelings when the name mayweather is brought up.....refuse to give the man his credit but pump up guys who accomplished a fraction of things he has

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                  Bhop beating Tito is bigger than any win PBF has on his resume. Tito was ranked up with RJ at the time as being one of the best P4P fighters at the time.
                  Tito was great but he wont be remembered as greater fighter than Pacquaio...Mayweather also has a legit win over DLH, while Tito's looked more like a loss imo

resume is the body of work...not one name.

Ken Norton beat Ali but do you think his resume is better than Tyson? Tyson never beat a near prime all time great heavyweight(well if you count spinks) but he unified his division and beat better overall competition than Norton.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Name them.
                    ^^^^ i got my popcorn in my lap waiting.....they really dont want to give mayweather his just due...its obvious his resume is better than Hopkins

Comment

^^^^ i got my popcorn in my lap waiting.....they really dont want to give mayweather his just due...its obvious his resume is better than Hopkins
                      Dang!!!

therealpugilist came in here and started bodying people left and right!

Comment

Working...
                      X