Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigo vs Jonathan Guzman Possible for July 19th

Per Gary Hyde his manager:

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ist-rigondeaux

Don't know much about Guzman. He's 16-0, 16 KO's and never fought outside of the Dominican Republic. He's ranked #10 in the WBA at bantamweight.

This is his last fight with Top Rank.

Rigo getting 500k to fight this bum. Arum is the best promoter of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Rigo getting 500k to fight this bum. Arum is the best promoter of the world.
      Didn't read because on phone, but most likely because of the Venetian

Comment

I would say Guzman's only hope is that his power is 100% real and that Rigondeaux does not take him seriously or is beating him up so bad during the fight he has a lapse and gets cracked big.

In other words it should be an easy W

Comment

He will probably make less if he flees to ShowTime and fights Mares or Santa Cruz

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            He will probably make less if he flees to ShowTime and fights Mares or Santa Cruz
            Probably, but I am pretty sure Arum regrets the deal he gave Rigondeaux which is why he is making no moves to extend.

Comment

man it sucks rigo is so inactive, cant get fights despite being one of the best in the world.

i just say fck it, fight whoever u can but keep fighting. who cares if ur on undercard in the summer, thats a good card anyway. just keep fighting rigo hes way too talented to be wasting this and letting his prime slip away

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Probably, but I am pretty sure Arum regrets the deal he gave Rigondeaux which is why he is making no moves to extend.
                He didn't plan on him beating Donaire. He was trying to pull a Don King. Sign him, shelf him and eliminate a threat.

Comment

16-0 16 ko! my god this is dangerous. this is like floyd's fight against phillip ndou who was 31-1 with 30 ko's. some floyd fans still pretend that was risky fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    He was expecting Donaire to beast Rigondeaux. He would not have made that fight if he thought there was seriously a chance that Donaire could have lost.

He was soooo bitter and butt hurt after Rigondeaux won, and has been since.

Comment

Working...
                    X