No announcement yet.

Why Are Mayweathers Compubox Stats Always So Far Off and Disproportionate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are Mayweathers Compubox Stats Always So Far Off and Disproportionate

To the accuracy rates of other compubox records? His numbers are always just astronomically off. I wonder if he pays them off?

A few examples,

Mayweather 27/67 total punches, rd 4 vs Ortiz. Just go ahead and do your own quick compubox on that. it's truly cringeworthy.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...ortiz-compubox

Basically count any rd vs Canelo and his actual connect % is lower then compubox shows. It's insane.

I will try that. I have never taken the time to prove the legitimacy of CompuBox even though I have felt the urge to.

Boxing is so corrupt that I wouldn't be too surprised if I found out it was tampered with. I have seen big figures in the sport like Malignaggi question its accuracy publicly so there is definitely something shady going on with it.

I can recall times when I have seen fights, without really keeping track of the punch stats though, and raise my eyebrow when CompuBox comes up because they don't match what I just saw.

Comment

Just ignore compubox.

Comment

look at the stats for Herrera vs Garcia *warning* don't break your monitor we all know its bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
          I will try that. I have never taken the time to prove the legitimacy of CompuBox even though I have felt the urge to.

Boxing is so corrupt that I wouldn't be too surprised if I found out it was tampered with. I have seen big figures in the sport like Malignaggi question its accuracy publicly so there is definitely something shady going on with it.

I can recall times when I have seen fights, without really keeping track of the punch stats though, and raise my eyebrow when CompuBox comes up because they don't match what I just saw.
          i had stats that differed greatly from compubox. i cant seem to find the data though.

EDIT: found it

jabs

power

total

vs

Last edited by WombBat; 04-19-2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

compusux is a joke for all fights, it aint just floyd..

you'd get a more accurate figure just guessing the punch stats without even seeing the fights

its a system where human error is unavoidable and rampant

Comment

I think the worst compubox I've seen is for Herrera-Provodnikov. Provo's especially just didn't match reality in any single way. They had the audacity to claim Provo out-jabbed Herrera. These numbers are embarrassing.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 04-19-2014, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
                To the accuracy rates of other compubox records? His numbers are always just astronomically off. I wonder if he pays them off?

A few examples,

Mayweather 27/67 total punches, rd 4 vs Ortiz. Just go ahead and do your own quick compubox on that. it's truly cringeworthy.

Basically count any rd vs Canelo and his actual connect % is lower then compubox shows. It's insane.

Floyd's paying everyone off. USADA, MGM. He even had Ellerbe go down to Maidana's camp (on camera mind you) and pay Chino off not to try against Floyd.

The army's out in force lately. What happened. Did Freddie come out and admit they scuttled negotiations by not accepting OST? Strawman arguments and deflection threads are out in force

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  Floyd's paying everyone off. USADA, MGM. He even had Ellerbe go down to Maidana's camp (on camera mind you) and pay Chino off not to try against Floyd.

The army's out in force lately. What happened. Did Freddie come out and admit they scuttled negotiations by not accepting OST? Strawman arguments and deflection threads are out in force
                  Wahh, come to defend your hero? This is more about compubox then Mayweather believe it or not. His number just happen to often be far off.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post

He is actually getting his argument ready for when Mayweather schools Maidana.

He will say that Maidana clearly won, go back and count every single punch landed on the night.

Comment

Working...
                    X