No announcement yet.

Pac-Bradley does 625K buys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    I always found it strange that Hauser used Arum as the voice of reason in those articles. Now he's gone silent along with the max boxing crew.
    What I found strange was that people ate it up and saying what a great journalist Hauser was for that stuff, when his main source was Arum who had clear beef with HBO over them working closely with GBP.

About the under card, I don't know that Arum had a fight that could really change the numbers much, so it might have been wise for him to go cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      I bought it and didint even watch it live.

So theres 1

Plus im sure a horrible undercard didnt help
      Baller stuff, lol

Comment

just like i predicted......lol@anyone who thought this would do over a million. the card was crap and even though the main event turned out to be a good fight, the first fight was **** and casuals remember stuff like that.

Comment

it does seem like arum is slowly losing the battle of the cold war. its only matter time before one wins the war and one loses not so sure that is the answer but thats the reality

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
            could care less about #'s, i watched a good fight, all that matters to me! as for those who care about trivial matters such as numbers, yall shouldve been accountants lmao
            The discussion on PPV numbers is actually a relevant one, the only reason it becomes ******ed is because it's always discussed in relation to Floyd's numbers - Flowmo-ass motherfcukers up in here gloating, Pacturts searching for an old excuse.

People just need to accept this isn't 2009 and that Floyd just does much better numbers.

So once you get that out of the way, it IS a shame Pac's numbers have dropped off - it just makes boxing feel less relevant when one of our bona-fide banner stars can't penetrate the mainstream market like he did.

I mean, I sometimes think....."**** it, who cares about the mainstream", and just judge things on how I enjoyed the event (I thought it was awesome). But it's undeniably a pity that the numbers dropped off. We can't just keep boxing as this insular thing as something we, the hardcores, enjoy and who cares how much the mainstream cares.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              The first fight wasn't good though, it is always tough to get people to really buy into a rematch of a fight that wasn't really that good in the first place, controversy or not.
              Then I guess we'll have to see till next time to see if pac mania is dead.... but I have ea feeling that if Pac fights Provo and the numbers are bad, it'll be because Provo isn't a big name. Pac is still a big draw among others but he's sliding in and out of the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                What I found strange was that people ate it up and saying what a great journalist Hauser was for that stuff, when his main source was Arum who had clear beef with HBO over them working closely with GBP.

About the under card, I don't know that Arum had a fight that could really change the numbers much, so it might have been wise for him to go cheap.
                Perfect moment for the Garcia v Gamboa fight. Put that on undercard it would have done better. i know the suing which i still dont understand whats happening but it was going for minute before we heard of lawsuit.

Nonito would draw a few more.

Put Rigo even as 3rd or 4th fight would increase numbers.

YEs GBP undercards arent mind blowing but they are decent and have name value and these days fans want more for their buck and names draw.

Comment

Love and support Pac BUT low numbers is great news. It will shut Arum up and hopefully make he bow down n put pac with may finally.
                  If his number 1 draw in is stable cant even get to 1mill anymore, then what pull does he have anymore. Pac, provodnikov, alvarado, bradley 3, garcia, etc. are alll not gonna pull in anywhere close to 1millppv.
                  His only shot is with marquez 5 or mayweather, so i hope marquez sticks to his piss and says NO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    I think the buys were low because the perception of the Bradly loss wouldn't have changed with a rematch. Everybody knew Pac had won already. What's needed to restore Pac's luster is a KO win over Marquez and nothing else. Pac should allow Marquez get the lion's share of the purse split just to get that fight.
                    ya but lets be honest does it really? Everyone always thought pac as the better fighter anyway and that marquez was just the perfect style type boxer to beat him and he give him trouble, Marquez was just smarter But now that marquez is getting older and older does it really change anyones perception of anything except father time is a bit*h? We all know already pac should of won the 4th fight and that marquez just out smarted him again. Lets be honest the one and only thing pac can do at this point to improve his legacy is beating floyd it just reality

Comment

Matters always matter, but there was somebody going on about how Pac is about to surpass Oscar in PPV.... looks like he'll have to wait till later this year

Comment

Working...
                      X