No announcement yet.

Name a boxer/boxers who have inspired you to accomplish something

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name a boxer/boxers who have inspired you to accomplish something

Either you've done it, or are working on it, you don't have to say what it is, but has a fighter(s) or even a single path, an instance in their career, inspired you to the point where you got up and made things happen for yourself or others?

For me, to see a spirit like Oscar DLHs, just a warrior spirit and a complete fighter, that inspired me to start boxing on my own.

But I have drawn intense motivation from other fighters as well, to see B-Hop at his age now, that's eye opening, a true testament to the will, and faith of man, a testament to change, and to discipline.

I look at Maidanas defeat of Broner, that is inspiring stuff, to always be an underdog and be humble through your career continuously proving doubters wrong with your fists.

Look at Buster Douglas, that took courage, heart, and will to beat Tyson that night.

Manny himself, look at his story, to come from literally nothing, to being on top of the sport, and the world. It's nothing short of incredible.

Floyd, and his dedication to the sport, his refusal to accept defeat, and anything less than perfection, that work ethic is rare, and admirable.

The story of JCC, another awe inspiring tale of adversity and determination.

And of course you need look no further than Mickey Ward, every time I see a documentary on him it brings tears to my eyes.

When Ortiz mauled Berto and beat him, that made me challenge my own confidence and determination.

Which fighter has inspired you?

Mike Tyson. Looking at how erratic and ****ed up he was when he was younger and comparing him to the mature man he is today is kind of amazing. It's a little corny but his story at least lets me know no matter how far you fall, you can always dust yourself off and come back stronger.

Comment

Lucas Matthysse. Humble boxer who loves to fight. You can tell what's important to him in his post-fight interviews. Leading up the DSG fight, he would dedicate his fights to his daughter, his team, and the people from his village/town. The baddest man in boxing cried in almost all of his interviews.

It motivation for me to work on my craft and remember what's truly important. Also, to remain humble and grateful. He's truly a role model for young people.

#WarMatthysse

Comment

JCC jr inspired me to eat more cereal.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
          Lucas Matthysse. Humble boxer who loves to fight. You can tell what's important to him in his post-fight interviews. Leading up the DSG fight, he would dedicate his fights to his daughter, his team, and the people from his village/town. The baddest man in boxing cried in almost all of his interviews.

It motivation for me to work on my craft and remember what's truly important. Also, to remain humble and grateful. He's truly a role model for young people.

#WarMatthysse

he does know what's important in life

Comment

Ali's the only one that comes close to actually inspiring me to reach greater heights in my life, and not be scared to be who I am. Grew up on Ali, and he was shoved down my throat by my dad that only got to watch Ali and Leonard fights in his country.

None of them inspire me like my mother and father though. Not on that level.

Comment

Broner inspired me to **** as many chicks as possible before i end up in my 30s and old.

Comment

How could I even forget Manny Pacquiao? A real man that grew up from nothing, and worked his way up to the top through sheer determination. Still just as humble and kind as when he was starting out. That's rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
                  Broner inspired me to **** as many chicks as possible before i end up in my 30s and old.

Didn't Broner catch crabs from one of them hood rats?

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                    Didn't Broner catch crabs from one of them hood rats?
                    Well, you know, comes with the territory

Comment

Working...
                    X