Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money on Manny (boycott Floyd vs maidana article)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money on Manny (boycott Floyd vs maidana article)

http://boxingmoney.com/money-on-manny-another-tecate/

He may not be the fighter he was but neither was Roberto Duran when he stepped in the ring to scientifically destroy Iran Barkley. Manny transition from fighter to boxer. He may not have the same explosiveness and speed but rest assured if Manny continues to fight as he did this past week, intelligently mixing what’s left of his speed and power, he remains a continued threat and isn’t going anywhere in terms of disappearing on the constant Mayweather issue!

Is it that time? Boycott the Pay Per View Mayweather Fight?! Certainly Maidana’s losses speak for themselves and promoting Maidana to being other than what showed in those losses, by way of beating Broner, is smoke and mirrors for certainly “The Problem” is not even remotely at all what he would like you to believe. That much was clear in his fight with Malignaggi and Ponce De Leon. Money Mayweather, in picking Maidana, has chosen another slow footed, slow handed opponent perfectly suited for his style. Meanwhile the fast footed, fast punching, K.O. artist Keith Thurman waits!

Why do we like Manny? We like Manny because he comes to fight. When Manny speaks of boxing he speaks of bringing entertainment and that he does. In aggressive fashion he entertains us while forcing the action with power and speed. When Mayweather speaks he speaks about Mayweather. He speaks about career management and chosen opponents. It’s not for your viewing pleasure.

Good read.

May-Maidana >>>>> Pac-Brad. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
      May-Maidana >>>>> Pac-Brad. haha

You truly believe that?? Dang you've lost your marbles hahahaha!

Comment

I see this type of shit to be a slap in the face to Maidana, to be honest.

I might even see a point of contention if Mayweathers camp was the sole reason for the fight not happening over the course of the last 4-5 years or so.

Not the case.

So people get so blinded by either hate, or frustration for the fight not happening, that they bash the opponent, and start on the "boycott" angle.

It's fucking bullshit.

Yes, Maidana is a huge dog. Yes, Floyd will probably win a very wide UD.

But with this type of thinking, with this type of rhetoric and dismissiveness towards a pro-boxer who is basically the best option besides the two guys that fought last Saturday, is fuc king weak and frankly dishonest.

My rant here isn't to "big up", or legitimize Maidana, but people need to think the whole situation through, and stop being so flippant about him. He has put in the work. Give the guy the fucking respect he deserves.

Comment

Plenty of reasons not to buy Mayweather vs. Maidana without bringing Pacquiao into it.

Comment

Duran didn't destroy Barkley and Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't appealing anymore, it's not viable, the roadblocks will forever remain and it's not a competitive fight, I personally don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              I see this type of shit to be a slap in the face to Maidana, to be honest.

I might even see a point of contention if Mayweathers camp was the sole reason for the fight not happening over the course of the last 4-5 years or so.

Not the case.

So people get so blinded by either hate, or frustration for the fight not happening, that they bash the opponent, and start on the "boycott" angle.

It's fucking bullshit.

Yes, Maidana is a huge dog. Yes, Floyd will probably win a very wide UD.

But with this type of thinking, with this type of rhetoric and dismissiveness towards a pro-boxer who is basically the best option besides the two guys that fought last Saturday, is fuc king weak and frankly dishonest.

My rant here isn't to "big up", or legitimize Maidana, but people need to think the whole situation through, and stop being so flippant about him. He has put in the work. Give the guy the fucking respect he deserves.
              Seemingly half of NSB is incapable of anything that could be considered rational thought.

Comment

People are starting to realize his cherry picking ways is getting old. He's robbing fans of real competitive fights. This is an example of writers seeing how much of a joke. Floyd has become.

If you give in. You're getting ripped off for paying for his ppv, what helps though is the good undercard. So that might sway you to still buy it, but if its just floyd your after. Thats a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  People are starting to realize his cherry picking ways is getting old. He's robbing fans of real competitive fights. This is an example of writers seeing how much of a joke. Floyd has become.

If you give in. You're getting ripped off for paying for his ppv, what helps though is the good undercard. So that might sway you to still buy it, but if its just floyd your after. Thats a waste of money.
                  It's other people's money to waste. They earned, they spend it how they choose. I don't remeber you being on here telling people not to buy Pacquiao/Rios. It was non-competitive. Yes Pacquiao had been knocked out and was feeling his way back. But you could make the same argument about expecting people to pay out for such a one-sided match. Did you?

If so, and you make the same posts about ANY non-competitive matches, for the good of the sport, then I can get your point. I suspect you don't and this stance is agenda driven. The sad thing is, nothing better is expected from you.

Comment

FLOYCOTT everyone ...

Comment

Working...
                    X