Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money on Manny (boycott Floyd vs maidana article)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    Manny transition from fighter to boxer. He may not have the same explosiveness and speed but rest assured if Manny continues to fight as he did this past week, intelligently mixing what’s left of his speed and power, he remains a continued threat and isn’t going anywhere in terms of disappearing on the constant Mayweather issue
    Honestly, the Pacquiao I saw against Bradley wouldn't win a round vs Floyd.

Certainly Maidana’s losses speak for themselves and promoting Maidana to being other than what showed in those losses, by way of beating Broner, is smoke and mirrors for certainly “The Problem” is not even remotely at all what he would like you to believe. That much was clear in his fight with Malignaggi and Ponce De Leon. Money Mayweather, in picking Maidana, has chosen another slow footed, slow handed opponent perfectly suited for his style.
    I agree. Broner was untested and barely Top 10 at 147. Maidana just beat an overhyped smaller fighter. Some people act like it was a great win because Broner was undefeated (officially) and because it was a big event, but in reality, it was just a decent win against a guy who had recently jumped two weight classes. Nothing more, nothing less.

Meanwhile the fast footed, fast punching, K.O. artist Keith Thurman waits!
    Thurman needs to fight, and beat, top welterweights (Guerrero, Alexander, Porter, etc.). If Floyd had picked him, you'd be dissing him for taking on an unexperienced and untested boxer.

Comment

People are starting to realize his cherry picking ways is getting old. He's robbing fans of real competitive fights. This is an example of writers seeing how much of a joke. Floyd has become.

If you give in. You're getting ripped off for paying for his ppv, what helps though is the good undercard. So that might sway you to still buy it, but if its just floyd your after. Thats a waste of money.
      Maybe i'm slow or maybe i'm missing something, but is FMJ's choice to pick Maidana A GENUINE CHERRY pick???????????????????????

Whats happening??? Isnt Maidana someone who defeated an undefeated champion and is currently a champion???
      So challenging a champion who can hit devastatingly hard(proven) is a cherry pick???
      Wasn't guerrero at the time also a champ?
      Challenging champs is called cherry picking???
      Can y'all give me some realistic alternatives that are undeniable better than challenging a champ as maidana who also has the momentum with him? Some of FMJ biggest Haters who wanna see him fail(BILLY C etc.) were all hoping him to face Maidana innitially, but also innitially speculating that he would find a reason to avoid this match. Now that FMJ is fighting a champ with momentum, people like to go pop with the term cherrypick. PLZ give me a list of SHOWTIME alternatives @147 that also make BUSINESS SENSE that FMJ is avoiding...

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

Comment

Read the article. Its all there.

Comment

Read the article. Its all there.
          perhaps you've been watching too many Arum videos?

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
            perhaps you've been watching too many Arum videos?

Dude, these are sports writers who had enough about Floyd. No need to here it from Arum. These are legit followers o the game who sees the truth. That 15-1 fight ain't worth there hard earned money.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
              May-Maidana >>>>> Pac-Brad. haha
              That is a funny joke.
              Well done, A for effort.

Comment

Dude, these are sports writers who had enough about Floyd. No need to here it from Arum. These are legit followers o the game who sees the truth. That 15-1 fight ain't worth there hard earned money.
                It's too late, the gate sales have been already double, and the fact that Maidana beat "Floyd's little brother", is gonna sell itself.

Even with all this boycott Floyd stuff, the MGM had posters up while another major fight was going on. People are gonna buy this fight, regardless of what anyone tells them.

Comment

Just give me YOUR SHOWTIME alternatives @ 147 that also make BUSINESS SENSE, please.

you cant blame FMJ for not showing any weaknesses in his fight and being as good as he is right? in MMA Cyborg and Rousey are also extremely dominant in their ideal weights. Those things happen, i accept that. Does this mean The hardest workers who try to be as good as they can be and try their best to be as dominant and effective as can be, arent alowed to eat????????

Or are lesser fighters only alowed to eat, or are they alowed to eat more???Really are peoples oppinion that the mediocre should be kings/cash cows. And the truly gifted deserve less in life than the less gifted???

Comment

Working...
                  X