Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Floyd accept a 55-45 split for Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Mayweather will make 3 times more at 50/50 fighting Pac than any other fight out there. That alone makes him appear to be a chicken. And if the only reason why he won't fight the top, worldwide icon in the sport is because of the split issue, then why do people even bother talking about this guy when it comes to Pac? It's old. It's history. Hehe...

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
      Show me proof that Pacquiao in previous fights has made more than the $40 million Floyd offered him.

I'll wait...........
      Same can be said about Floyd. If Manny accepts getting a bad deal then Floyd can possibly make $100 million plus. Floyd never made that. Goes both ways.

The reason that lots of money will be generated is because they are fighting each other. If Floyd fights Guerrero, Maidana, .... he is not making the same kind of money as with fighting Manny ..... not even at this late stage of the game (ie. late)

Both are PPV attractions not jut Floyd and not just Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        What kind of purse split would Floyd accept?

Would he accept getting the bigger slice at 55-45? Should he accept?

There are many ways for Floyd to weasel out of the fight, but let's assume a fight would be at 147 lbs and OST would be agreed upon. The only stumbling block being pursesplit.
        He accepted a 50-50 split in 2010, and rightfully so. Manny was p4p # 1 and his numbrers were on floyds level. Any person who thinks he will or should accept 55 at this point is delusional. This isn't 2010. Some good numbers for manny v bradley may help, but even if they do stary negotiating again Manny is going to price himself out asking for 50, 45 and even 40%. That's not plausible at this point.

I hope if they do negotiate they can do it in good faith and topr rank and manny don't get delusional about what they deserve. Team mayweather won't even entertain the idea of manmy getting a split with a number thag has 4 in front of it at this point and they can substantiate.that position. How can manny back a positio of wanting 50 or 45%???

Anyway hope it happens, but I don't like manny's chances.anymore. 50/50 fight in 2010. In 2014 its 80/20 floyd favour

Comment

• Why would he? He makes 40 million fighting no names like Marcos Maidana. It's not smart business to make risky investments, especially when you consider Floyd's recent list of opponents.

Ortiz - KOed by Josesito Lopez and Luis Collazo
          Guererro - Career featherweight who hasn't fought since
          Canelo - jurys still out on this cat, Lara fight will make or break his career
          Maidana - out boxed by Kotelinik, out boxed by Khan, out boxed by faded Morales, out boxed by Devon Alexander (let's be honest, boxers are his kryptonite)
          Last edited by Shad0wB0xer; 04-14-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
            He accepted a 50-50 split in 2010, and rightfully so. Manny was p4p # 1 and his numbrers were on floyds level. Any person who thinks he will or should accept 55 at this point is delusional. This isn't 2010. Some good numbers for manny v bradley may help, but even if they do stary negotiating again Manny is going to price himself out asking for 50, 45 and even 40%. That's not plausible at this point.

I hope if they do negotiate they can do it in good faith and topr rank and manny don't get delusional about what they deserve. Team mayweather won't even entertain the idea of manmy getting a split with a number thag has 4 in front of it at this point and they can substantiate.that position. How can manny back a positio of wanting 50 or 45%???

Anyway hope it happens, but I don't like manny's chances.anymore. 50/50 fight in 2010. In 2014 its 80/20 floyd favour
            Floyd said in 2009 "Everyone knows that I will not fight Manny if it's 50/50"

Since the PEDs issue stuck, Floyd didn't have to got there until he PEDs issue ran it's course BUT Floyd always had that card (ROADBLOCK) ready .... Floyd is saying the exact same line years later that he said in 2009!!!!

after 9:30 min mark
            Last edited by ADP02; 04-14-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Since the PEDs issue stuck, Floyd didn't have to got there until he PEDs issue ran it's course BUT Floyd always had that card (ROADBLOCK) ready .... Floyd is saying the exact same line years later that he said in 2009!!!!

You are absolutely right. He said no way to 50/50 split in the first fre months of the negotiation. He eventually relented and 50-50 was agreed upon. Neither side disputes that. The I
              real issue in early 2010 was manny's refusal to undergo ost with a 14 day cut off. Ost became the stickig point. Venue, gloves, promotional paraphenalia, ring walk, weight penalty amd 50/50 split were all agreed to.

you need a stronger argument than just taking one interview at one point in time and arguing 50/50 wasn't agreed to. We were all here we know it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                He should. pac got a 68-32 split against De la hoya when Pac was only averaging 400k buys back then. Pac's been averaging 900k buys. He is the second biggest draw in boxing and if he and mayweather fights it will generate the most money in boxing history.

Mayweather can't generate the biggest money fight in boxing without Pac. Simple as that so yeah pac atleast should get a 45 split. That $40 mill offer was a ****in joke.
                If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Mayweather have the two highest (most selling and most money earned) PPV's of all time?

I think people are overestimating the amount of money in a Mayweather/Pacquaio fight. Mayweather/DLH was the highest selling PPV of all time and wiki quotes Mayweather making $25 million for that fight. Mind you that Oscar was the A-side and made $52 million.

I think Mayweather getting around $80 million for the Canelo fight is close to the amount he would get against Pacquaio considering Canelo was paid $12 million against Mayweather, considerably a lot less than Pacquaio was offered and mind you this fight generated the highest total earnings in fight history.

That being said I just can't see a May/Pac fight generating as much as you guys claim to make $40 million seem THAT ridiculous. In order for $40 million to be ridiculous Mayweather would have to make in excess of $120 million which would mean that the fight would have to CRUSH his numbers with DLH and Canelo.

I definitely think May/Pac fight would break PPV records, but I don't see it to the degree you guys think it would. At least not anymore.

Comment

• I would say 65/35 for Mayweather.

Comment

• Floyd isn't gonna split with Pac. Lol u guys are funny. He''ll give him a flat fee and maybe some ppv. Not sure there's a problem with that honestly. Floyd is clearly the much bigger earner at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post

Just some more points for you to consider. Floyd didn't pull the ost rewuest at the 11th hour. It was k own about to team pacqauio in the infancy of the negotaitikn in late 2009. In fact freddie toach said it showed him "they were scared" and "ee are going to crack through that defense" he also said "it would be no problem" in refernce to ost.

Ost only became the roadblock when team pac made it one. It became the central issue after floyd agreed to a 50/50 split, a weight penalty and everything else.

All you are doing is making yourself look stupid with this argument. It's simlly not.what happened anf every seasoned poster on here knows that. One team negotiated in bad faith and mislead the public about what occured in mediation over an issue they knew about very early.and only became an issue when they made it one...and it wasn't fmj.

Do yourself a favour and don't come on here spouting that weak ass and downright false argument. You will get b*tch slapped every time.

Comment

Working...
                      X