Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Bradley resigning with Top Rank and terrible move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
    Gbp has the hype jobs not top fighters

Top fighters ww are in top rank

Alvaro pac marquez provo bradley >>>> danny floyd peterson matthyeese thurman
    Malignaggi, Collazo, Porter, Alexander, Guerrero, Maidana and Khan are hype jobs?

Peterson and Lucas are 140 pounders and so is Danny at this point. Also Provo is a WBO 140lbs champ and not a Welterweight.
    Last edited by Box-Office; 04-13-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I don't think so. He still has options with JMM, Ruslan and a rubber match with Pac. He seems to have the style to beat Marquez again and if he fights smart, he should beat Ruslan. That's easily another 10 million dollars in bank account. I'd say he has done relatively well, all things considered? Other than Mayweather, who else with Golden Boy brings in PPV type revenue?

Hell, he could get a shot at Cotto as well.

Comment

I thought gbp offered Robert Guerrero too Tim Bradley, but it fell apart cause Top Rank wanted a rematch clause and gbp wanted it straight up? I remember reading that but i don't know if that was true.

Comment

Fighting paq and Marquez alone does more for legacy then any fighter at gbp not named mayweather.
          Legacy. Check.
          Fighting paq twice and Marquez made him more money then fighting anyone at gb not named mayweather.
          Money. Check.

I don't understand how it's a bad move. I also don't know how losing his zero factors into it. Was he not supposed to fight the best?

Comment

His choice was:

Re-sign with Top Rank - Limited selection of potential opponents/higher purses

Go to Golden Boy - Bigger selection of potential opponents/Lower purses

Perhaps he could've taken the Cotto route and done 1 fight deals, or signed with a smaller promoter but it seemed the guaranteed money for purses was too good for him to pass up

Comment

when will his contract run out?

Comment

Originally posted by youth View Post
                I thought gbp offered Robert Guerrero too Tim Bradley, but it fell apart cause Top Rank wanted a rematch clause and gbp wanted it straight up? I remember reading that but i don't know if that was true.
                Nah, the deal was pretty much done and ready to go. But at the last minute Bradley decided to step away, it was more risk versus reward at that time. His trainer Diaz said the same thing, that they would gain nothing from fighting Guerrero. That only Guerrero would benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  He literally has no one else to fight and the only ww title he can contend for is the WBO, there are no top ww's with Top rank other then Manny and Juan and he has already fought both,who in the hell is he going to fight? He signed i guess thinking he would be defending his title but now he has not title
                  He'll make more money than he would have if he left, but his legacy will probably suffer greatly, unless the cold war ends. As a Bradley fan, it sucks. There are so many fights I want to see him involved with that can only happen away from Top Rank.

Comment

He absolutely made the right choice. Remember that part of his deal was a bigger guarantee for the Pacquiao fight but also bigger guarantees for all of his fights in that contract. What was he going to do, turn that down for a maybe shot against Mayweather that may not have happened? He made $6 million guaranteed plus potential upside for the Pac fight, he wasn't going to get offered much more against Mayweather. Plus he would have made a lot less than Top Rank was offering for his future fights. This was a very good long term deal for Bradley.

Comment

Top Rank did a good job promoting him. He has no fan base, personality, and a boring style( to casual fans). He still got to headline 3 PPV cards and headlined a regular HBO card signed with Top Rank. I don't see how GB would have done any better with him.

Now? He doesn't have too many options left, but it was far from a mistake re-signing with Top Rank

I wouldn't mind a Provodnikov rematch, to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X