No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Pleads For Boycott, To Make Mayweather-Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IST-ra-GLEr2 View Post
    Nah. PAC is past prime. The coward would win.
    I think it would be much closer than people think and a hard fight to judge because it would be constant flurries vs. counterpunching. Without clear knockdowns, those fights are a nightmare to judge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinoy4ever View Post
      After Maidana there is no really out there 4 Floyd and don't give me that Amir Khan
      There's Danny Garcia(if he bounce back), Thurman(After he fights a tough level opponent first), Porter(after he fights Thurman or Garcia). Floyd has plenty of options even if they aren't the fights that people wants to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
        I think it would be much closer than people think and a hard fight to judge because it would be constant flurries vs. counterpunching. Without clear knockdowns, those fights are a nightmare to judge.
        I agree and I think that is one of the reasons that Floyd didn't want the fight. With Pacs activity in 09-2011 it may have been a close fight and often times those swing rounds go to the more active guy. Floyd has amazing defense and is incredibly accurate, but Pac would have had those flurries every round and the crowd would have gone insane. Plus in a close fight I think the judges would rather rob Floyd than Manny. Just my opinion though.
        Now it would be a much different fight, Manny doesn't bring nearly as much activity and Floyd is a bigger guy. I think Floyd dominates this version of Pac pretty easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          Stop being dramatic. Mayweather-Collazo will never happen. There's a good chance that Floyd might fight Porter in September if for some reason he doesn't take on the winner of Cotto-Martinez. People needs to move on when it comes to Mayweather-Pacquiao, the ship has sailed. Manny is satisfied being with Top Rank and fighting the same opponents over and over and will extend his contract to two years with TR. Floyd doesn't care one bit about team Pacquiao and will continue to fight GBP fighters until he retires.

Your absolutely right. Floyd is a sales pitch for Top Prank and Manny is down with it. Manny has already all but said he is re-signing with Top Prank, people need to get over it. There's more than enough opponents for Floyd, **** Manny!

Comment

• Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
            Those fights are only nightmare if no one is landing clean effective punches. Floyd always manage to land the more eye-catching punches in his fights, while he limits his opponents to land very few effective punches. I'm not even sure if Manny would even throw over 800 punches. He would be forced to fight Floyd's fight at a slow pace.

Comment

• Come on lets not give this time, Pac can walk away and do business with Floyd without the services of Top Rank next year. just do Pac/Marquez & Khan/Floyd next then next year we can start talking again

Comment

• poocquiao is done..he fought like a crack head today..no skills just wild swinging..greedy arum only makes flop prank vs flop prank fights so he would never put poocy in with mayweather..we all remember what arum said ; mayweather is the greatest boxer he's ever seen

Comment

• Floyd is shook when a real challenge presents itself, and has been for the past several years. Outside of junior middleweight and middleweight, there's only Manny left.

Comment

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                    Come on lets not give this time, Pac can walk away and do business with Floyd without the services of Top Rank next year. just do Pac/Marquez & Khan/Floyd next then next year we can start talking again
                    But, he won't though. Arum already stated that Manny will extend with TR. Manny doesn't have any say or control of his career, and that's part of the reasons why the fight will never happen. The main reason has always been because of Floyd's and Arum's egos and neither man wants to give in and let the other control the terms of the fight. Manny is just too naive to see that he can make more money as a free agent if he would simply cut ties with his greedy promoter for a while.

Comment

• Did arum even talk about his fight, or just cry about Floyd all weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X